FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
13.12.18, 23:04

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  Darkwithe Polygons near Vaasa with Finland_Base_Pack_V2
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: Darkwithe Polygons near Vaasa with Finland_Base_Pack_V2  (Read 1413 times)
Christian Riemer

Date Registered: 22.12.16

Darkwithe Polygons near Vaasa with Finland_Base_Pack_V2
« on: 30.11.18, 16:41 »

Hi Tatu,
I see a problem with the scenery around Vaasa. I use FSXA, Finland_Base_Pack_V2, South Finland, Vaasa Photoscenerie_1.0 and Finnish_Photosceneries_ I and II.
I flew nearby Vaasa north direction and saw some white-grey places. Any idea what could this mistake be?
Using my old PC with Finland_Base_Pack and Win7 there are no such polygons. Have I something forgotten to install?

Christian Riemer

Re: Darkwithe Polygons near Vaasa with Finland_Base_Pack_V2
« Reply #1 on: 30.11.18, 20:08 »

New findings!
I think the problem comes by using South Finland. Without this scenery there are no polygons with Base Pack1 or Base Pack_V2. Now, have I to go without or are there othe solutions?

Greetings
Christian
Christian Riemer

« Reply #2 on: 02.12.18, 16:38 »

Hi Tatu,
some (longer) testing brought new findings. the BGLfiles: PKX_5309_Maasto, PKX_5309_Pientareet, PKX_5309_Sands_def and
PKX_5309_Sport of the South-Finland scenery cause the bad polygons near Vaasa. I don't know why, but now it works. In this region I have only your addons, no ORBX maybe the old GEX Europe.

greetings,
Christian
Kari Reinisalo

Date Registered: 03.10.16

« Reply #3 on: 03.12.18, 01:08 »

Hi Christian,,,

You had found some strange bad polygons near Vaasa area? I'll respond to this because I made this South-Finland scenery.

You mentioned that "I don't know why, but now it works.". So did those bad polygons somehow now disappear or are they looking like some real terrain features?

Finland Base Pack V2 is like the name says 'base scenery' and not as detailed as South Finland or North Finland scenery. Thus if you compare the same location in the simulator the view most likely looks different. This is OK because Base Pack V2 doesn't include all terrain details as in South Finland or North Finland sceneries. But it is recommended to use Base Pack V2 with South Finland and North Finland sceneries as it adds some features to these.

The correct order of all these Finland sceneries from the bottom upwards in the simulator scenery priority order.
- Finland Base Pack V2 - is the first on the bottom
- South Finland
- North Finland
- Photosceneries (like Tampere City)
- Flight Obstacle data
- Airport sceneries (EFIV, EFRO etc..)

If these 'bad polygons' are still there could you please provide some more information as follows, so I could find out what those actually are.
* Do you happen to have the exact place where those polygons appeared?
* Coordinates?
* Also what was the date and time in your FSX, when you noticed those? Looks like might be November?
* Scenery Configurator settings
* Do you have all South Finland updates v1.1 and v1.2 installed?
* Was the place outside of  Vaasa Photoscenerie_1.0 coverage area?

Might be fields or other similar open areas and there is a lot of those around. So just by the shape of those it is not so easy to find the exact place in the simulator 

You mentioned some possible BGLfiles: BGLfiles: PKX_5309_Maasto, PKX_5309_Pientareet, PKX_5309_Sands_def and
PKX_5309_Sport which might be the cause.
From your screenshot looks that most likely these come from PKX_5309_Maasto.bgl. That bgl-file contains most terrain features.

The South-Finland scenery excludes features from sceneries which are below it in the simulators library priority order. So be it ORBX Base, LC or Vector or any other scenery below South Finland it's excluded.

By the way we made these sceneries for FSX, but can be used also with P3D v4.

Hopefully you enjoy our sceneries and if you have other issues or questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy flying
Kari R
« Last Edit: 03.12.18, 09:51 by Kari Reinisalo »
Christian Riemer

« Reply #4 on: 03.12.18, 13:32 »

Thank you Kari for your detailled answer, much appreciated!

You are right, only the file PKX_5309_Maasto.bgl made this "bug" in my FSX.
First a only had Base Pack (1). Then I read a post in FSDeveloper forum about complaining waste places in the town Vaasa. So I tried this airport (EFVA) and saw no such things. Now I went to FSNordic website and found there new sceneries. Base Pack V2, Photosceneries and South Finland.

South Finland Terrain Scenery I only installed (base and) Update to 1.1. Update 1.2 with 3 parts was too big (3.4 GB). Maybe I have to download this updates too.
North-Finland I hadn't installed till now.

The priority is according your answer.

I will attach two jpg of this area one with the file PKX_5309_Maasto.bgl and one without this file.  Coordinates are both the same N63° 2.55 and E21° 58.00
The date was April.
Configurator was default.

Your scenery is very delightful and it is fine to fly over this area (in Austria we have no sea!)
Sorry I thought this sceneries come from Tatu.

Best greetings
Christian

« Last Edit: 03.12.18, 13:36 by Christian Riemer »
Kari Reinisalo

« Reply #5 on: 03.12.18, 21:29 »

Hi Sir,,,

Checked your attached jpg shots and found the same place in my FSX. The view I have looks just the same as in your FSX.
So sorry to say that you didn't find 'bug' in the South Finland scenery, but how it's really defined to be.

Those light areas you noticed are actually fields (farmland). Also those polygons with different colour around those are fields just using different default texture in FSX.
In FSX available default textures, which were used are limited and doesn't always look 'natural'. Thus some like those farmland areas might look strange.
Different textures for field polygons is used in a certain way, so that all fields don't look the same. Which would be very dull looking scenery like on that area where there is a lot of fields. Texture variance used doesn't match reality, because it would be difficult to achieve just using FSX default textures and also a huge job.
Check that area with Google or Bing maps aerial view so you know what I mean.

I made only this South Finland scenery with some assistance from Tatu, like I mentioned in the manual.
Tatu made others ( Finland Base Pack V2, North Finland, Flight Obstacle data, Tampere City, EFIV & EFRO airports ...)

South Finland update 1.2 in 3 parts is big because it includes mesh for the whole South Finland scenery area based on 2m resolution data. Some small areas are not included because no data available. Thus that Tatu's Base Pack is recommended to be used because the 10m mesh in that scenery will then cover those areas. This update is nice if you like VFR type of flying at low altitudes. South Finland is really quite flat terrain compared to Austria, but from low altitudes can still see some difference.

Try also Tatu's North Finland. It looks also really nice and you get the whole Finland covered.

Happy flying
Kari

Christian Riemer

« Reply #6 on: 03.12.18, 21:47 »

Hi Kari,
thank you again for your answer. In the meantime I downloaded the three big files from South_Finland and Tatu's North_Finland. Its really great!
Because there was no difference at the Southscenery I disabled the one file and now it looks for me fine. So I am content and I think all is OK.
Now I try to visit the Finland Airports (sometime I have to exclude trees from the airports) So i am happy and thankful.
If I find some other "problems" I will again talk to you (or to Tatu) Wink

Best greetings from Austria (Vienna)
Christian
Kari Reinisalo

« Reply #7 on: 03.12.18, 22:50 »

Hi Sir,,,

My advise is not to disable that PKX_5309_Maasto.bgl and other PKX_5xxx_Maasto.bgls, because besides those farmland fields it contains many other terrain feature polygons.
So you'll be missing something and scenery as such doesn't look correct. That strange colour of that texture during April, because vegetation in areas are still frozen. If you change FSX date to May, June and so on, then those textures look different. Try other moths, seasons and see how it looks.

You can see it from your second jpg shot where those polygons are replaced mostly with forests. That is not correct in that area near Vaasa where is more fields than forests.
From that shot can see rods, rivers, habited places (towns, villages etc..) and huge 'fake forest' areas, which don't exist in reality.

I'll put here two shots, which I took from FSX. First one is during April and second in during May.

Happy flying
Kari
Christian Riemer

« Reply #8 on: 04.12.18, 09:22 »

Dear Kari,
your advice is right! I never tried to change the seasons and summer and winter looks very fine with the file.
I am thankful for this scenery.

BTW I am interested in Suomi because my doughter in-love was born there and her mother lives in Länsikylä. It is nearby EFSI (Seinajoki).
She is deaf so as her mother and my son and they live now in Sweden.

Best greetings and wishes for Christmas and a happy New Year
Christian
Kari Reinisalo

« Reply #9 on: 04.12.18, 11:58 »

Christian,,,

Nice to hear that you like these Finland sceneries.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
Kari
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
« previous thread next thread »
Jump to: