IVAO Nordic Region laajenee

(1/1)

Lauri FIN918:
http://xn.forum.ivao.aero/index.php?topic=278877.0

"Dear, members!

It is with great pleasure I today announce further expansion of IVAO Nordic Region.  As of the 1st of February 2016 we are glad to be able to welcome the great country of Iceland to IVAO Nordic Region!

Why have we included Iceland in IVAO Nordic Region and why did we want to? If you look at Wikipedia you will find the following: The Nordic countries are a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic, where it is most commonly known as Norden. It consists of five countries (Danmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) as well as their autonomous regions (the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands, and Greenland). In other words, our division is now complete!

Mentioning only the above is far from enough and I must add that Iceland is an exciting country with a great divirsity when it comes to airports and procedures, it has a fantastic landscape and there is numerous sceneries which makes your experience when flying in Iceland very enjoyable (trust me, I’ve tried the last couple of days).

Perhaps the most important reason is that Iceland, with the activity this beautiful remote location has, simply deserves to be part of a division and the members providing ATC service in Iceland also deserves to have a community to be part of and to be taken care of by friendly staff members.

My staff and I are looking forward to provide Iceland with a great division and community. We have no doubts that Iceland now will receive the same friendly and professional service provided in the other countries of our division, but on a more regular basis.

Before I finish there is one more (perhaps the most) important thing I have to include. To all members currently registered in Iceland on IVAO:
Welcome to the Nordic Region! We are happy to be able to include you and we hope your experience will be an enjoyable one! Let us together make Iceland known (even more) on this great network. If you have any questions, please do not hessitate to contact us!

We hope you will enjoy this expansion as much as me and my staff already is and that, with this expansion, we will continue to light up the Nordic skies as we already have been.

Oh, I almost forgot! I do believe our Events Department have been working slightly behind the scenes with an opening event to celebrate the addition of Iceland. Stay tuned for more information! In addition, the nitpickers over in the ATC Operations Department has prepared standard procedures (as per real life operations) for Iceland already and these will be released on our website later today

On behalf of the Nordic Region Staff Group,

Fritz Langhammer
Senior Training Advisor
Director - Nordic Region
Training Coordinator - Nordic Region"

Navigation

Up one level