Stall when climbing to cruise altitude

(1/4) > >>

jerel2k4:
Hello all!

I love the ERJ Jungle Jet as well as the great ERJ panel!!! Outstanding!!!  I have read the manual, introductory flight, forums and I am having problems with stalling the aircraft when climbing.  I am basically following the introductory flight to the tee except for the navigation heading information.  When I engage the FLC,VS,SPD and AP the plane approaches stall warning and then stalls very often now.  What am I doing wrong?  I must be missing something.  Also, I cannot get NAV to fly the flightplan.  I use Radar Contact and if it deviates me for traffic I usually fly with NAV and HDG mode engaged.  I do not know if this is correct?!?  Please help so I can enjoy this plane and panel to the fullest.  Thanks in advance!

Btw, I am using the registered version of fsuipc 3.125, fs9, radar contact v3.  Seems as if this problem just started occuring on my past three flights from kcle-klga.

Bill_Grabowski:
Jerel,

What airplane, what version of the panel, and which FS are you using?

Bill

jerel2k4:
I am using the Continental Express ERJ-145XR, with Flight Simulator 9 and fs2004 version of the panel.  I got a new computer and I just downloaded the new version of the panel, the new fde update, installed the new fssound.dll beta which alleviates having to add the oldmodule in the fs9.cfg.  I flew a couple of flights today and noticed the behavior only somewhat.  I was trying to isolate what I am doing and where so I can give more information.  I am setting the takeoff V speeds and landing V speeds per the documentation.  Thanks!

CoExDispatcher:
Jerel,
how are the weights of the aircraft for each flight?  Fuel, Payload,  too much of both can make for very poor takeoff performace.

Paul4964:
Dear Jerel,

At what altitudes are you running out of airspeed? It might be that the Pitot Heat is not turned on.

Regards,

Paul

Navigation

Up one level

Next page