Problem reloading saved flight in FS9

(1/1)

harerton:
Hi,

I'm getting a freeze when trying to load a previous saved flight that was already started, for example a flight saved while cruising or during an aproach. The message says the problem is with the erj.gau file.

I am using the 4.01 version.

Thanks,

Harerton

Nick_KSTL:
This has been discussed before. Try turning off the autopilot before saving the flight, and make sure it is off when you load the flight. I think that was the solution.

harerton:
Thanks for the answer, Nick.

I'm going to try this.

The fact is that I'm using Pete Dawson's autosave.dll, which automaticallly saves the flight.

Thanks,

Harerton

harerton:
Hi,

Here's a workaround for those who saved a flight with the autopilot engaged and for those who use autosave.dll.

Locate the flight file you want to open (for FS9, it should be the folder Flight Simulator Files, inside My documents) and open it with notepad - in fact there's two files for each flight, the one you will open is the *.FLT. Do a search for autopilot and you'll find something like:

[AutoPilot.0]
MasterSwitch=True

Just change the entry to false and you'll be able to open the flight. Just remember to hit pause imediately so that you can engage the autopilot and reset the overhead panel systems.

Have nice flights!

Harerton

Bill_Grabowski:
Harerton,

Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Bill

Navigation

Up one level