Panel lighting

(1/2) > >>

jnobrien:
Let me first state that your panel is my favorite. Secondly, I can understand your pride in it. However, I think it is unfortunate that you have spooked Mr. Yoo away from adding his lighting to the panel for those who might wish to have lighting that on my travels in jet aircraft, seems more realistic.
Jim O'Brien

Bill_Grabowski:
James,

Thank you for your input. What is unrealistic about the present lighting?

Bill

jnobrien:
I have never been on an ERJ at night, only daytime, so I could easily be wrong. However, I have flown 747s, 757s, 767s,777s, Canadair Regional Jets, MD 80s, MD82s, 717s, 737s at night within the past several years and the lighting is always the same, yellowish-golden brown glow on the panel with shadows, not stark white. Your panel is marvelous and I have no complaints about the adequacy of the lighting, just the hue. I know I am nit-picking but options are always nice.
Jim O'Brien

Bill_Grabowski:
James,

Maybe some of our real world ERJ jocks can comment on the adequacy of the night lighting presently on the ERJ panel. It was a feature many commented on very postitively when the panel was released, was based on photos of ERJ nightlighting, and passed review of the ERJ pilots who tested the panel. In addition, I put a lot of work into the nightlighting, which is hard coded into the gauge.

Bill

jnobrien:
As I mentioned, I have never been on a ERJ at night and so the requested comments will be informative. The adequacy of the lighting is excellent, no question about that. Even more important, the work on designing the panel had to be intensive and you get an A+ from me.
Jim O'Brien

Navigation

Up one level

Next page