N1 -ERJ145 Panel

(1/1)

Brick:
Hi.
Why when Im seting max turst N1 is always lower for about 3% that max N1 cauclated by FMS ?

For example on this http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=265549 picture we can see that max thrust shoud be exacly like cauclated by FMS.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Chris

Bill_Grabowski:
Krzysztof,

Flight Simulator does not allow a direct correlation between throttle settings and engine output. It's a close as I could come.

Bill

Gloom:

Flight Simulator does not allow a direct correlation between throttle settings and engine output. It's a close as I could come.

Hmm, I don't get the point probably, but how is then this throttle reduction set? It seems there's a way, and you use it, only the accuracy is not adequate. Could you please confirm what (and how) is changed, when there's any output on panel set? It makes me think of some sections in airfile, like N1/N2 and throttle vs N2 tables. It could be hidden somewhere there, perhaps?

Adam

PS Just to explain a little - in most cases, calls from FS to engine seem to be on N2 value, not N1 (eg idle setting is for N2, then N1 is calculated via table N1/N2). Throttle vs N2 tells the story itself, I think.

Bill_Grabowski:
Adam,

Check it yourself. Throttle response is not linear. There are especially large dead zones at the beginning and end the throttle travel.

If I remember correctly from the month I took to try to find a solution to this problem, I backed off the throttle setting until N1 met the desired value, which occurs in an area of response that is more linear.

Bill

Gloom:

Check it yourself.

I did yesterday. This is just preliminary and will have to look closer, but N1 shown by gauge seems to be pretty well connected to strange value (a tip from someone perhaps?). I am able to have one parameter nearly exactly the same (+/- 0.1%) as N1 shown in range of GND to FL200, couldn't continue test due stall speed It seems that CN1 (corrected N1) is limited by value shown in gauge - as long as you keep speed at ~125 kts. This is the stall speed and I have no idea if it's accidental, but seems to be very close for data approximation.

Adam

Navigation

Up one level