Missing Files for EMB 145 Panel???

(1/2) > >>

jhirsch:
I recently went to the middle of the panel.cfg file and noticed that there are calls for three texture files that I cannot find. These files are $pan1.bmp, $pan2.bmp and $pan3.bmp which are texture files for VC views.

Also, at the end of the panel.cfg file is a call for the file up.bmp that is disabled for some reason. I cannot locate this file either.

I'm not sure that these missing files are even necessary but if they are, where can they be found for download?

I am running V4.02 of the EMB 145 panel.

Thanks in advance for any clarification on these files.

John

Nick_KSTL:

I recently went to the middle of the panel.cfg file and noticed that there are calls for three texture files that I cannot find. These files are $pan1.bmp, $pan2.bmp and $pan3.bmp which are texture files for VC views.

Those three aren't missing, they are not supposed to be there. They are simply place holders to put the  gauges upon.

jhirsch:
Thanks, Nick for the not too clear answer. Now I'm really confused  

Are the three files not suppose to be there or should the three calls (texture=$panX.bmp) be removed or should the three VC sections be removed?

What does the "they" refer to in your last sentence and please, if you would, explain the meaning of place holders?

Thanks again, John.

Bill_Grabowski:
OK John, let me clarify it for you.

If something is commented out, ignore it. That's for my use only.

You won't find any files anywhere to make any entries "work".

The files for the virtual cockpit will be useful if you use one of Nick's planes that require it.

The ERJ panel.cfg file is not meant to be modified. If something is not working for you on the panel, that's what you should be asking us about.

Bill

Nick_KSTL:

Are the three files not suppose to be there or should the three calls (texture=$panX.bmp) be removed or should the three VC sections be removed?

What does the "they" refer to in your last sentence and please, if you would, explain the meaning of place holders?

Thanks again, John.

"They" referes to the bmps you mentioned. The three files are NOT supposed to be included in the package. However, the entries which contain them need to remain in the panel.cfg for the VC to work in the version 3 ERJs. By place holders, well, its complicated, but lets just say that without them the gauges wouldn't appear in the VC, since the BMPs are used to tell FS where to put the gauges.

Like Bill said, you shouldn't be editing the panel.cfg and should simply report any errors or problems here in the forum.

Navigation

Up one level

Next page