ERJ Panel 2004

(1/3) > >>

jimjdunn:
I used the erjgrab panel by Bill Grabowski when using FS2002.  I have re downloaded this panel including the update but I am having problems loading the panel into FS2004.  I am told it works well in FS2004 but it caused my system to crash.   It is probably me as I am not very good with computors.  But to cut a long story short.  Instructions state to load the programme into FS 2002.  FS 2004 does not have that.  It then states to go to the root directory and add some lines.  I cannot find a root directory for FS2004.  Could somebody give me quick step by step on how to load this excellent panel and stop weird and wonderful messages appearing when I launch FS2004.  Your help would,be appreciated

Jimmy

jchisholm:
Jimmy,

Go to the "ERJ Project Support Forum" here at FSNordic.  They have all the information on this great Panel.  (Maybe Joseph will move this to the ERJ Project Support Forum)

Bill_Grabowski:
Jimmy,

Especially read the FAQ topic at the top of this forum. It has all the information you should need.

Bill

jimjdunn:
Thanks for replying Bill.  But it just is not happening for me.  I followed the erjgrab4 installation instructions religiously.  This is what happens when I launch FS2004.  First a warning message comes up warning me of FSSound.dll.  I cannot get rid of this message.  When it happened before I had to wipe all FS2004 of my computer and had to start all over again.  When I click to disable this programme it then goes away.  Then when I select the aircraft with the panel another warning comes up.  This one says "FS unable to load some aircraft or software, but this aircraft or software will be disabled.  It gives the file as AIRCRAFT|fsconv\panel\erjgrab\ERJGRAB.  It then asks to disable about 40 gauges, but by the time I get though them all the panel does not work or my computer crashes.  It usually crashes and seizes up.  I have had to do about 10 soft close downs.  In this case ctrl-alt-delete does not work.  I have the latest version of FSUIP loaded.   I realise it is me.  But I do not know what I am doing wrong.   IAny ideas.  

Jimmy

Bill_Grabowski:
Jimmy,

You didn't read the FAQ's like I told you, did you? You don't need to nor should you remove FSSound.dll. You have to have it for the panel to function.

This is from the FAQ's...

When I begin FS2004, I see a error message about the sound module.
Add "FSSound.dll=1" under the heading [OLDMODULES] in fs9.cfg, which resides in "C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR LOGON NAME"\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9". "Bill" is my logon name. Substitute yours. You have to search your C: drive, not the Documents folder on your desktop. Also, change the viewable files in the folder options section to see ALL the folders and files. If you do not find [OLDMODULES] in fs9.cfg, you have to add it yourself. Don't forget the brackets.

Bill

Navigation

Up one level

Next page