Cockpit views blacked out after panel update

(1/2) > >>

mkuebeler:
I just installed the updated files for version 4.02 of the ERJ panel, and now every 2D cockpit view direction except straight foward is completely blacked out.  Any ideas?  All I did was replace the ERJ.gau and panel.cfg files and edit flap lines in the aircraft.cfg file as instructed.

Mark Kuebeler

Bill_Grabowski:
Mark,

The erj.gau only controls the forward main panel. The side art should not have been affected by a simple change of the panel.cfg. Are you using the panel with an airplane with a VC?

Bill

mkuebeler:
Well, it does appear to have a VC, but there is something strange about the set-up.  It's a repaint for a VA which did not include your panel.  I obtained that from the Project ERJ web site a while back.  The VC works with both version 4.01 and the updated 4.02 obtained from here.  But the aircraft.cfg and subfolders in the airfcraft folder do not seem to be set up like other planes with VC's (i.e., the fltsim section in aircraft.cfg does not have "model=vc" and the panel and texture folders do not have ".vc" in the names).  With the 4.01 files I can see the 3D window frames in the 2D side views, but with 4.02 these views are filled in with black with just a few pixels of clear along the edges.

Just to be accurate, our VA repaint DOES include your panel, but the FS2002 version.  I updated it for FS9 using files from Project ERJ.

Nick_KSTL:

But the aircraft.cfg and subfolders in the airfcraft folder do not seem to be set up like other planes with VC's (i.e., the fltsim section in aircraft.cfg does not have "model=vc" and the panel and texture folders do not have ".vc" in the names).

Those are not mandatory entries. The model=vc line only needs to be included if there are two model folders. The same is true with .vc being in the panel or texture folder names. The only time a .xxx is needed at the end of the folder name is if there are multiple folders, which there are not for the ERJ.

mkuebeler:
OK, I'm not sure what the problem was, but I uninstalled the aircraft and panel, reinstalled the aircraft, then updated the panel to 4.02 with files from FSNordic.  All the views work fine now, and I never had the co-pilot before, so I may have installed something from Project ERJ that I shouldn't have.  Could it have been an MDL update?  Filename was ERJ_v3-1.zip.  The readme does say it is for FS2002.  I can't recall if I installed it or not, but I did not this time for sure and I'm not having any problems.

Thanks for the quick replies!  This plane is one of my favorites.  A true work of art!

Navigation

Up one level

Next page