ERJ145 Panel - 2d and 3d views mixed, barometer questions

(1/2) > >>

chesterc:
Hi,

I have two questions regarding the ERJ-145 panel v4.02 for FS9.

First of all, I'd like to thank you, Bill and Nick, for this wonderful panel and aircraft. I have thoroughly enjoyed flying them.

I have read the documentation and have searched this forum but can't find answers to these two questions ...

I'm using the v4.02 panel with Nick Botamer's ERJ-145 Continental Airlines plane and I've noticed that when in the 2d view I can see the window posts from the 3d cockpit view. So I can't really see out of the windows very well. If I switch to the 3d cockpit then I just see the 3d cockpit and everything is fine.

Is there something I can change in the aircraft or panel config that will keep this from happening. I don't want to completely disable the 3d view. I just want the two to be separate so that when I'm flying in 2d panel mode I just see the 2d views.

And the other thing I noticed is that the barometer dial changes the barometric setting in increments of three (or four). So sometimes I can set it according to what ATC tells me is the current reading, but other times I can only get "close" to the correct setting.

In case it helps, I'm using a recent clean install of FS9, with a new install of this plane and panel. I have a registered version of FSUIPC (the latest version, though I can't remember the number).

How can I make barometric settings changes in single digit increments?

Thank you!

Nick_KSTL:

I'm using the v4.02 panel with Nick Botamer's ERJ-145 Continental Airlines plane and I've noticed that when in the 2d view I can see the window posts from the 3d cockpit view. So I can't really see out of the windows very well. If I switch to the 3d cockpit then I just see the 3d cockpit and everything is fine.

Is there something I can change in the aircraft or panel config that will keep this from happening. I don't want to completely disable the 3d view. I just want the two to be separate so that when I'm flying in 2d panel mode I just see the 2d views.

You can either disable the 3D view completely, or view the 3D views when looking anyway but straight ahead in 2D mode. There is no way to have both without the 3D view visable in 2D mode side/angle views.

chesterc:
Great, I like the option of having a 2D forward view and 3D side/angle views. What do I need to do make the changes? Is it as easy as deleting the bmp files for the 2D side views? Or are there instructions somewhere that I overlooked?

Thank you for your help!

Bill_Grabowski:
Chester,

Or you could modify the panel's Panel.cfg file to comment out the references to the side art by putting a ";" in front of each line you want to comment out. Then the side art won't impede your virtual cabin.

Bill

chesterc:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. Commenting out those lines worked great.

thanks!
c

Navigation

Up one level

Next page