Thrust reversers increase speed

(1/1)

md80forum:
That's the problem. I reinstalled v. 3.0 for FS2002 and switched to ER4-nb-s-t.air file because I wanted thrust reversers on the plane. And now it takes me over the runway edge, both when using keyboard and CH Yoke button assignments.

Solutions anybody ? Isn't the .air-file above meant for FS2002 or what ?

Jan-Erik

Nick_KSTL:
Over the runway edge in which direction? Also, just because you have thrust reversers, you should still be using your brakes.

md80forum:
Over the farther end of the runway. Yes I am also using wheel brakes. Testing, thrust reversers also push the ERJ into forward motion from stand-still.

Nick_KSTL:
Closing the reversers will usually result in some forward motion as the engines don't spool down as fast as the reverser doors close. Also, you should be closing the reversers at about 60knots and after that relying on the wheel brakes.

For FS2004, you should be using a set of the updated v3.1 flight dynamics. Just download any of the FS2004 versions that I uploaded to avsim and you will have the correct flight dynamics.

md80forum:
Still the same phenomenon with 3.1; reversers deploy with REV indication, rev sound plays, but speed increases instead of retarding.

I have done what I can to check FS, CH Yoke and FSUIPC button mapping. Nothing there.

Jan-Erik

Navigation

Up one level