Little button on the thrustpanel

(1/1)

embraer:
Hello all,

Can somebody tell me what the meaning of the little button is on the right corner of the thrust panel.

At the moment I'm flying the ERJ 135 of Dreamwings (part of the American pack) and is not possible to extend the flaps > 18 degrees during the approach. When I'm setting the flaps > 18,  I am getting a aural warning. My approach speed is blow the 137 kts

Are the .air and .cfg files tuned  for the Dreamwings livery and Bill's panel . The air and cfg files of Nick's livery are very different. Is this normal?

Regards,

Gerard

Nick_KSTL:
The little button should be the thrust limiter deactivator. Bill included this as a way of getting around the unrealistic interpritation of the limiter by FS and also as a way to allow easy use of the panel with non-ERJs.

The reason you are having a problem with flaps 18 is that Bill's panel only recognizes Flaps 0, 9, 22, and 45. The 18 setting was deactivated on most ERJs (at least here in the US) and so is not featured in Bill's panel.

Its quite normal for flight dynamics done by two different people to be dissimilar, although this doesn't mean that both are completely accurate. Kevin Au (a Continental Express ERJ pilot) tweaked, edited, and refined the original flight dynamics for my planes made by Sam Chin. These flight dynamics are designed to function with Bill's panel, since we were all using it when building the FDE and models. While most any ERJ flight dynamics should work, I have no information on any necessary modifications or adjustments that would need to be done to make them work properly with Bill's panel.

embraer:
Hello Nick,

Thanks for the quick response.

Is it possible to modify the aircraft.cfg file so that it support flap setting for Bill's panel.

Regards,

Gerard

Nick_KSTL:

Is it possible to modify the aircraft.cfg file so that it support flap setting for Bill's panel.

Yeah, just paste this over the flaps section in the aircraft.cfg of the Dreamwings plane:

[Flaps.0]
type=1
span-outboard=0.500
extending-time=12.000
system_type=0
damaging-speed=0.000
blowout-speed=0.000
lift_scalar=1.000
drag_scalar=1.000
pitch_scalar=1.000
flaps-position.0=0.000, 0.000
flaps-position.1=13.331, 0.000