erj vertical speed

(1/1)

jrenkas:
Hey guys,

When I use any of the altitude modes (except altitude hold) my vertical speed is always erratic. It never hold the vertical speed I set and FL change doesn't decend  at the rates it's supposed to. Anyone know why this is happening?

thanks in advance,

Bill_Grabowski:
Joe,

Probably because most of the vertical modes (FLC, SPD) use a speed hold. The VS mode will try to hold the vertical speed as long as you've got enough speed, i.e. make sure you've got enough power on the throttles.

Bill

jrenkas:
Bill,

I only have problems durring decent... i've tried different speeds, but they didnt seem to help. I had some success with disengaging the a/p, pausing the sim, and setting the vertical speed i wanted, then unpausing... this seems to help

thanks Bill,

Bill_Grabowski:
Joe,

Now I'm confused. You should be able to set the VS value in the panel and the pitch will set itself to try to follow that using whatever throttle input your are using, which should probably be idle.

Bill

jrenkas:
Bill,

To be honest, I have no idea why it did what it did, but i downloaded some newer flight dynamics (I think mine were version 1.0) and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help and for producing such an awesome panel.

regards,

Navigation

Up one level