ERJ Project -- Buzzers

(1/1)

jerel2k4:
Hello all,

I have read the manual over and over (had the manual bound at Kinko's) with all supplement documentation and I cannot seem to locate anything on the buzzers that I hear at times.   If a buzzer goes off it should indicate why it is going off!!!  The buzzer is going off on approach.  Am I missing something here.  

Seems like we need a manual update.

Thanks!

Bill_Grabowski:
Jerel,

Easy there  big boy! Take a deep breath.

Now, is the "buzzer" really a chime? And does it occur when you're within 1000' of your selected target altitude? And does the altitude indication on the PFD turn amber?

Bill

jerel2k4:
Thanks for replying!!!! <deep breath>  I understand the chimes when I am within 1000 feet of my target altitude.  This happens on approach.  I re-read a section of the manual that says I should hear a buzzer if below 2500, 22 flaps and no gear down.  I am going to try and reproduce.

CHQ145:
Also an old topic...but again worthy of a reply....there is only one buzzer that this plane has, and it goes off within 1000' of the altitude dialed into the altitude selector.  It used to be that high pitched beeper that this sim panel has, now it's a far less offensive buzzer.  Regarding "I re-read a section of the manual that says I should hear a buzzer if below 2500, 22 flaps and no gear down.  I am going to try and reproduce."  You won't get a buzzer there, but you will hear a female voice screaming landing gear at you.  These guys have this panel down well.  Now if we could only get a flight model that felt real.....

Bill_Grabowski:
Christopher,

For a different flight model, have you tried Charles Fox's version available at avsim.com?

Bill

Navigation

Up one level