Embraer RJ 135/145 - Total Package - USA Fleet by Charles Fox

(1/2) > >>

jerel2k4:
I am having problems on approach with the ERJ 145 XR.   Specifically, I am unable to slow the plane down to approach speeds without losing altitude.  Also, seems as if the planeís behavior become erratic when I am preparing for landing at this phase of the flight.  This usually starts to occur on final approach.  I am turning for the glide slope, flaps 22, and I have to keep my speed in the 170-190 knot range to maintain the glide slope.  Even with full flaps 45 and gear down I have to give more thrust than I think I should.  Also, what Thrust Rating do you recommend on landing?  T/O or CON.  My landing speeds are way too fast.  I need to get this slowed down somehow.  I can slow the aircraft via spoilers and less thrust but I lose too much altitude too quickly.  I also try to adjust my pitch angle.  No luck so far.  I set my landing v speeds via MFD on Billís panel way before the approach phase of the flight.  Have the flight dynamics (FDE or *.air file) been updated?  Any ideas?

Merry Christmas!

Bill_Grabowski:
Jerel,

I suggest you address those questions to Charles Fox. I tried his flight models and thought they were pretty good, however.

Bill

jchisholm:
Jerel,

I haven't had that problem at all with this package.  The only problem I've had with Charles' Package is the Panel Bill tweaked for him somehow is missing the outer zone for thousands on the altitude selector. (outer ring)  Bill have you had a chance to look at that??  

Bill_Grabowski:

Jerel,

The only problem I've had with Charles' Package is the Panel Bill tweaked for him somehow is missing the outer zone for thousands on the altitude selector. (outer ring)  Bill have you had a chance to look at that??  

Jim,

Try right clicking the mouse on the '+' and '-' zones of the altitude to change altitude by thousands. I'm trying to decrease the number of mouse zones and increase the use of the right mouse button.

Bill

jchisholm:
Bill,

You are right!  That works great and is an excellent ideal.  Now the Altitude Select works the same as the Heading and Nav Course Selectors.

I'm amazed that you still find the time to tweak your Panel for us with all else you have going on.  Thanks...........

Navigation

Up one level

Next page