Speed Control

(1/2) > >>

dnunes:
Dear Bill,

Congratulations for your updated version of your famous panel. I used it under FS2002, and now I have installed the recently issued "Full Package" for FS9.

Apart for having to recall several details of the operation, which I had forgotten since I got my FS9 package, I am now feeling a particular difficulty: keeping the speed constant. In fact I have great trouble in adjusting the speed, which is constantly either increasing or decreasing. I am using an MS force feedback joystick, which works normally with all other aircraft.
Can you envisage a particular reason for this behaviour?

Best Regards,

Bill_Grabowski:
Domingos,

The ERJ has no autothrottle, so you have to control your own speed. The SPD button is only used for climbs or descents to hold the speed you've entered in the window.

Bill

dnunes:
Thank you Bill for your reply. I understand that the ERJ has no Autothrottle, but my problem is not that.

What happens is that, when reaching level flight (say at 4000'), I try to adjust the speed to around 220 knots with the throttle control of my joystick.
Until now that is practically impossible, because the speed always tends to either increase or decrease, and I cannot reach a stable point, whereas with other aircraft I have no problem at all in adjusting the speed.
So it seems I have a problem of excessive sensitivity of the aircraft to my throttle control. Could it be solved by some adjustment in the flight model?

Best Regards,

Bill_Grabowski:
Domingos,

I would think that your problem must have something to do with the flight model of the particular aircraft you fly. Try flying the aircraft with a default panel like the 737-400 and see what happens.  The ERJ panel uses the default autopilot routines for cruise.

Bill

dnunes:
Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try both flying the aircraft with another panel and fly another aircraft with your panel. I will let you know the results.

Regards,

Navigation

Up one level

Next page