Ground spoilers

(1/1)

MNorm757:
Is there a way to deactivate the automatic ground spoilers from deploying?  For some reason it seems to slam the nose down on touchdown at an exagerated rate.  Or, if this isn't possible, is there a way to edit something in the aircraft cfg file to lesson the effectiveness of the ground spoilers?
Cheers,
Mark

Bill_Grabowski:
Mark,

Hmm... don't recall that kind of response from the ground spoilers. What airplane are you using?

The ground spoilers deployment is hard coded, and I don't know if there's a way to lessen the response using the aircraft.cfg, but there probably is. The spoilers will also retract if you increase the throttles for a go around, so if you "goose" the throttle it might keep the spoilers down.

Bill

MNorm757:
This happens on all of the ERJ models.  I can't recall it being a trait of pre-FS9 models.  It seems to only be something the FS9 models do.  With the way the aircraft reacts at present, you really have to yank the yoke back on touchdown to keep things smooth.
Cheers
Mark

Nick_KSTL:
Remove the wing folding command from the aircraft.cfg. That should eliminate the rapid nose down on touch down, but will also "deactivate" the ground spoilers.

MNorm757:
 :)Thanks a bunch Nick...I'll just activate them manually.
Cheers,
Mark

Navigation

Up one level