FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
25.09.17, 06:13

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  New classic 747 panel underway
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Print
Author Topic: New classic 747 panel underway  (Read 12654 times)
Sandokan
Former member
Re: New classic 747 panel underway
« Reply #20 on: 21.11.05, 13:59 »

Here's the latest project I am working on as of right now, a much needed freeware 747 classic panel. It will include functional overhead, engineers panel, and throttle. I will also incorporate the fully functional freeware delco carousel radios as well. Comments are welcome!

[ attachment removed / expired ]

Hi,
I flew 20 years as flight engineer of Alitalia airlines and I'm also one of the authors of freeware Delco Carousel IV you're planning to use with your future B747 classic panel.
Looking at your beautiful panel I noticed that the FMA is made by your fantasy and it's not corrispondent to the reality.
I suggest you to consider a three autopilots panel as the 80's B747-200 were, and make also the related FMA as in the attached picture.[img][/img]

[ attachment removed ]
RMan32
Former member
« Reply #21 on: 23.11.05, 16:36 »

Okay so I have made some more progress with the panel, and heres how it looks today, I have changed the AP panel, to a realistic -100 series, the 200 series may be difficult as I am still struggling to incorporate 2 seperate APswitches, that correspond to each other, adding a third on will be even harder. We'll see how it ends up, as of now the 2nd AP switch is a dummy.

[ attachment removed ]
Sandokan
Former member
« Reply #22 on: 23.11.05, 17:06 »

hi,
your difficulties with Autopilots are with writing the gauge codes?Or being able to write the codes  you don't know how multiple autopilots work?
Sandokan
AD
Former member
« Reply #23 on: 26.11.05, 12:05 »

Gianfranco

You will no doubth find out that Robert´s panel actually represents a 2 autopilot version (Fail Passive) system. The FMA display is IDENTICAL to the one used on AF aircraft.

Virtually every customer of 747 ordered theirs with different cockpit setups, so the panel is actually quite good.

Sandokan
Former member
« Reply #24 on: 26.11.05, 16:12 »

Gianfranco

You will no doubth find out that Robert´s panel actually represents a 2 autopilot version (Fail Passive) system. The FMA display is IDENTICAL to the one used on AF aircraft.

Virtually every customer of 747 ordered theirs with different cockpit setups, so the panel is actually quite good.

If you pay more attention to the last Robert message He declares that the autopilots until now are  two but corrispondent to each other autopilots.In other words is one gauge installed two times in different places.It means that's a single repeated autopilot installation.Until now the panel isn't fail passive but  a single autopilot configuration.I replayed to be sure of it.
Gianfranco
RMan32
Former member
« Reply #25 on: 26.11.05, 22:23 »

Well it seems we have some conflicts here, first off, the panel will have a passive / fail autopilot, in other words, a secondary switch, as of now BOTH switches work together, still working on code to make them SEPERATE from each other. I am working ALONE on this project so I am ONLY working on this project when time permits. Also keep in mind that this is a FREEWARE addon, in that it will not all be totally functional as in real life, however I MUST mention that this panel will be as CLOSE to the real thing as I can endure. For anyone who NEEDS a PERFECT 747 classic panel you can get yours at AreoSim for $36 USD and download the classic airliners vol1 its PAYWARE but PERFECT  if you want complete realism.  Grin
RMan32
Former member
« Reply #26 on: 05.12.05, 01:13 »

Well after about 2 weeks of hard work I finally have most of the aircrafts systems annunciators completed. The reversers also have for the first time in a freeware panel for the 747, an in transit mode annunciator. Still alot more work to go with the main panel, but wanted to post an update. Grin

[ attachment removed ]
Johann Muszynski

Date Registered: 25.03.04

« Reply #27 on: 05.12.05, 14:07 »

Looking great! Feel free to post previews anytime you wish! Grin

Well in any case, that panel is looking awesome! Truly a beauty in the works. Can't wait to test it out! Grin

FlyScandinavian
Former member
« Reply #28 on: 05.12.05, 22:18 »

Looking awesome! I can't wait to try it! Cheesy
RMan32
Former member
« Reply #29 on: 10.12.05, 14:51 »

Well thanks guys!  Grin  Its alot of work, but judging by how many comments I have gotten from 3 more forums, this keeps me going strong! I have begun work on the engineers panel, and have made several visual improvements to the main panel. I have also made a Tape style main panel as well, been busy! When I get more work done I will start sending more screenshots, that way I don't flood the server with a ton of work in progress stuff. When the main panel is complete I will send a final pic, then I will start sending update pics of my other panel windows.  Grin
Cristian76
Former member
« Reply #30 on: 29.12.05, 16:28 »

Thank you for the passion and dedication you put in this awesome panel! Is thanks to people like you that I enjoy flightsimming. I simply can't wait for this beauty to be ready. I'm sure it will be a 2006 award winning product. Do you Robert have a website of your own to visit to keep us updated?
MachTwo
Former member
« Reply #31 on: 03.01.06, 16:46 »

Nice work Robert!
Are you programming in C (MSVC?) or XML?
RMan32
Former member
« Reply #32 on: 05.01.06, 04:57 »

XML, I'm just beginning to get the hang of programming gages. The overhead panel is underway and I will begin showing screenshots soon! I don't have a website, I am a member of several FS forums, and post screenshots to each forum as work progresses. It helps me gain more input from many people as I spread the progress of my work to each forum.

[ attachment removed ]
FlyScandinavian
Former member
« Reply #33 on: 08.01.06, 12:23 »

B-e-a-utiful! Grin
FlyScandinavian
Former member
« Reply #34 on: 15.02.06, 15:39 »

Any progress? Smiley
RMan32
Former member
« Reply #35 on: 26.02.06, 22:35 »

Yes, progress is slow  Tongue , working on the OH bitmap as I speak, I am also trying to get ahold of the CIVA designer to gain access to the bitmaps so I can place them where they belong, as it is now they are smak dab in the middle of my OH panel not where they really belong. I also need to enhance the bitmaps, as it is they are way too dark, and they GLOW when the night panel is selected. As it is now the CIVA looks totally out of place in my panel project, so as soon as I can get an answer from him, the CIVA is removed. RMan
FlyScandinavian
Former member
« Reply #36 on: 14.04.06, 23:05 »

Hello again!

Got any progress info for us? Smiley
RMan32
Former member
« Reply #37 on: 23.04.06, 19:04 »

Yup still plugging away at the overhead panel  Grin
Johann Muszynski