GPU and light question from new user

(1/1)

Skippermark:
Bill,

Thanks for making such an awesome panel!  I downloaded it yesterday and am still learning all the features, but from what I've seen, it really rocks.

I have a couple questions too.  First, I copied and pasted the my LIGHTS section to what you suggested and notice that the rear strobe light is actually off of the plane a little bit.

Also, when I'm on the ground and have the battery on, I see "GPU Avail" switch and push it in, but my batteries still run down while sitting there.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Thanks again for the awesome panel. 

Mark

Bill_Grabowski:
Mark,

Thanks for trying the panel and glad you like it. I still use it after all these years and love it.

I can't help you with the strobe light except to tell you to play around with the numbers to try to position it where you want it.

You'll need to read the FAQ topic in this forum to answer your question about the battery power. You'll have to make an adjustment in fsuipc.dll to keep the battery from completely discharging. Also, be aware that the ground power doesn't function that well (i.e. you can't start the engines using only the ground power in the version available to you). I'd suggest using the APU for now.

Bill

Skippermark:
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Bill.  I found the option in FSUIPC to extend the battery life and all is good.  I misunderstood in the FAQ about the GPU, thinking it would keep my batts charging.  The panel is great, though.  The autopilot is a little different than what I'm used to, so that'll take some time to get used to, but I think it's actually more powerful than a more traditional one.

Mark

Bill_Grabowski:
Mark,

Once you get used to using the autopilot, you will like it very much. It's fun and logical, and it works.

Bill

Navigation

Up one level