AP Help?

(1/1)

BStoll:
Hello All,

I've been playing around with the project ERJ 145 for a few days now.  Very nice AC, I would say it's the best designed freeware AC I've ever used.  However, I'm having an issue with the auto pilot.  I guess I'm too use to flying Boeings.  The Embraer has a unique AP indeed.  I've tried to use the AP like it suggests in the tutorial, but it doesn't seem to engage for me, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong hehe.  The plane is configured correctly for take off, I make sure of that and the switches are on, but when I release the yoke, the plane just pitches more either up or down depending what I'm trying to do.    So, anyone able to help me figure this out?  Please?  

Thanks,

Brandon Stoll
KVCV

Bill_Grabowski:
Brandon,

For takeoff the only button that should be engage is the TOGA button on the throttle, which will cause the horizontal flight director bar to rise 14 degrees pitch up. Once airborne, you can select a HDG mode by pushing the HDG button on the flight guidance control panel and a pitch mode by selecting one of the three available, either FLC, SPD, or VS. The FLC is the easiest to use. Once you've selected a lateral and a pitch mode, push the AP button to engage the autopilot. Then if you want to follow a flight plan, make sure the plan is loaded in the FS default planner and you can see it in the Nav Display, then push ND. Should work.

Bill

BStoll:
Thank you, sir.  That worked   I now have a better understanding of how this thing works.  Landing had me cautious because I'm use to hearing the ILS morse signal but when the plane turned on to final I figured I was alright.  The landing was great.  I'm just in awe as to how this plane was made for free, I'd surely pay for it.  Many thanks!

Bill_Grabowski:
Brandon,

You're welcome. I'm glad everything is working and you're enjoying it so much.

Bill

Navigation

Up one level