Pitch Attitude on Approach

(1/2) > >>

stuartd:
Thanks to Bill and others for this great panel, which I've enjoyed since FS 2000. In FS 2004 my pitch attitude on approach is too high at 5 deg nose up. This is with gear down, flap 45 and speed 135 kts. The required power setting does seem a bit high also.
Does anyone know if I can edit the config to change it to about 2 deg nose up for the above approach configuration? I can use shift plus enter and shift plus backspace to alter the viewpoint but it becomes unnatural. A higher approach speed decreases the pitch attitude but is too fast for medium length runways. Thanks.

Bill_Grabowski:
Stuart,

I think the weight distribution and flight modeling is mostly hard coded into the airplane model and I'm not sure that this can be altered from the Aircraft.cfg file. What airplane and airfile are you using?

Bill

stuartd:
Bill,
I'm using the Total Package by Charles Fox. There are 6 different models with sub divisions of various airline liveries. I've tried three different models in this package, with the same results.
There are a few different air files, judging by their file sizes, but I really don't know about their differences in coding, if any. I've opened them up in Notepad but am none the wiser.
I didn't encounter this pitch attitude "problem"in FS 2000. Is this pitch attitude unusual or about normal for the ERJ in FS 2004? With 5 deg of pitch on approach plus another 2 deg for flare and landing there is a definite chance of a tailstrike, as can be seen in the video replay...and that's for a good landing!
Thanks for your interest.
Stuart

Bill_Grabowski:
Stuart,

Well, if you were using the ERJ in FS2000, it must have been Nick's Project ERJ aircraft with flight model by Sam Chin. Updated versions (version 3.x) of these models are available and usable in FS2004. You might want to try those and see if this solves your problem.

Bill

stuartd:
Many thanks for that, Bill. I'm away on a ski holiday for a week now  but when I return I'll try the Sam Chin model and let you know what happens.
Stuart

Navigation

Up one level

Next page