VFR scenery creation

(1/2) > >>

Hello all.

Very off topic I know, but I have a problem with trying to create my own VFR trees/buildings etc. using the Autogen SDK from Microsoft and wondered if anyone could help? I have download the SDK and run the "Annotator.exe" program. I am trying to then use TCalc2004 to give me the bitmap (in this case it's "010333121101003Su.bmp") to edit in "Annotator.exe", but this bitmap doesn't exist in my FS2004 folders?!?

I have recently installed Flight1's Ground Environment which is the only thing I can think of that may have altered or deleted these "default" bitmap files.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks in advance,

I'm not surprised you cannot find that bmp. It is located at Jersey airport which, as far as I know, does not have any photographic textures.

To make this a bit more clear...

the 001110012344411.bmp style bitmaps are only for photoreal sceneries. Default FS2004 comes with generic terrain textures that the most of the world uses and only few areas are done photoreal.

So first you have to make a photoreal scenery of the area you want, then annotate the vegetation and buildings in your scenery using Annotator.exe.

BTW if you wish to create custom autogen for an area with photographic textures, rather than using Annotator, I would recommend AGenT from http://my.chillstation.de/fs/index.php?id=27

Aaahhhh, now I understand - thanks.

Trouble is, I don't have any photoreal textures to use for Jersey as no-one has ever photographed it properly from above (ie. with enough detail). Really what I want to do is to add buildings/trees to the existing landscape to make it realistic.

Is there another piece of software that will help me to do this?

Up one level

Next page