Reset flight...

(1/2) > >>

geoffco:
Let me share a moment with you...

I have not had time to play about with FS for a while until tonight so I thought I'd go for a long one (for me at least). I decided to fly Lisbon (LPPT) to Helsinki (EFHK) in real time (started at 1725z) and everything went really very well until crossing 10000 ft on descent to Helsinki when I wanted to turn on the landing lights... The flight had taken about 4hrs and 30mins when I reached to press CTRL+L but instead hit CTRL+;

If you dont know what that key combination does by default, I suggest you try it, but not a long way into a flight or you might approach the level of pi**ed offness that I have just achieved!... oh, ok I suppose I'll tell you then; It resets the flight completely

Needless to say I have now removed that key-setting!! But seriously, why even have a key command for that, and even then, how about an "are you sure" box!?

Apologies for an aimless rant,

Geoff

GBOAF:
hehe thats ok Geoff

I can realy empathise with you in that i have a sleep button on my keeboard which puts my pc into standby. I have changed it since but because i control on VATSIM it was annoying as it is directly above my transmit button.

needless to say i have had many a p***ed off evening like yourself. Nothing is worse

so don't worry Geoff, you are not alone

Gareth

CavoParadiso:
try an 8 hour flight (from amsterdam to princess julianna) and when you are about to enter the final for the runway you are about to land, the scenary crashes and you are back to amsterdam again"#%"#%
I literally smashed my pc with my keyboard.

Mikko J Virtanen:

try an 8 hour flight (from amsterdam to princess julianna) and when you are about to enter the final for the runway you are about to land, the scenary crashes and you are back to amsterdam again"#%"#%
I literally smashed my pc with my keyboard.

Well, i haven't flew such a long flight, I've flewn about 4h max without saving and continueing later. But i still know for sure how does it feel when pc or flight sim crashes after long flights. This may usually happen when I'm approaching EFHK and BANG.. computer may freeze, flight sim may inform that it has run out of memory or my computer may just restart without me doing anything but flying.  This happens for me so many times that i wen't to shop and bought extra RAM.. now it doesn't crash anymore in EFHK if I set the traffic to 0 or little over. Sometimes a little bug occurs too when my antivirus starts it's update and come's back to windows.. when i come back to fs, every text (red "pause" text etc." is gone and the game starts lagging. This happened one time when i was just approaching schiphol.. lag lag and my aircraft nearly crashed because of the lag..
But hey, that's how it goes.. diidiidididi-didi.. millions of people..
Sometimes I just want to be a real airliner transportet pilot because you can fly with realism 100%, realistic looking airports and 100% TRAFFIC and you know what.. all this WITHOUT LAG!! 

Oh, and Geoff.. you should use the buttons in the panel for ensure nothing like this happens.. and of course you should also set a big plastic coverage to your keyboard which only can be opened with two keys and a seven number code so you won't press any buttons without meaning it 

geoffco:

Well, i haven't flew such a long flight, I've flewn about 4h max without saving and continueing later. But i still know for sure how does it feel when pc or flight sim crashes after long flights. This may usually happen when I'm approaching EFHK and BANG.. computer may freeze, flight sim may inform that it has run out of memory or my computer may just restart without me doing anything but flying.  This happens for me so many times that i wen't to shop and bought extra RAM.. now it doesn't crash anymore in EFHK if I set the traffic to 0 or little over. Sometimes a little bug occurs too when my antivirus starts it's update and come's back to windows.. when i come back to fs, every text (red "pause" text etc." is gone and the game starts lagging. This happened one time when i was just approaching schiphol.. lag lag and my aircraft nearly crashed because of the lag..
But hey, that's how it goes.. diidiidididi-didi.. millions of people..
Sometimes I just want to be a real airliner transportet pilot because you can fly with realism 100%, realistic looking airports and 100% TRAFFIC and you know what.. all this WITHOUT LAG!! 

Oh, and Geoff.. you should use the buttons in the panel for ensure nothing like this happens.. and of course you should also set a big plastic coverage to your keyboard which only can be opened with two keys and a seven number code so you won't press any buttons without meaning it 

...obviously I have installed a 20mm steel cover with a fingerprint scanner to stop my idle fingers from pressing the wrong buttons (anyone see the obvious flaw in this) but still it irks me that I have spent hours (probably days) fixing the hardware and software on my machine so it runs well and doesn't crash and then I loose a really good flight because of a wrong key press... I should get out more

Geoff

EDIT.... Yes, to be a real AT pilot...~dream~... if my eyesight was up to it do you think I'd be doing my current job?... do ya really??

Navigation

Up one level

Next page