Kuopio texture problems...

(1/1)

geoffco:
Hi folks,

Take a look at the screenshots below... Does anyone know what texture I am missing? I have tried reistalling the EFKU airport scenery as well as the FISD Object library but the problem remains! Could it be some kind of conflict with other scenery??

[ Attachment not found - or removed ]
[ Attachment not found - or removed ]
Any ideas much appreciated!

Geoff

EDIT: I should also add that I have been getting visualfx.dll related Crash-To-Desktop errors around Kuopio as well!

Tatu:
FISD library is not installed correctly.

Maybe you looked for duplicate files and deleted also the ones in the correct folder (FISD library)? Install FISD library again and the problem shoud disappear.

geoffco:

FISD library is not installed correctly.

Maybe you looked for duplicate files and deleted also the ones in the correct folder (FISD library)? Install FISD library again and the problem shoud disappear.

Thanks, that sorted it. The FISD library was newly installed but the problem was the duplicate files that your post hinted at... I found several copies of the FISD_Trees.bgl and corresponding bmp files in other scenery folders. My guess is that one of those was corrupt and as they are all redundant anyway, I deleted them!

Geoff

GBOAF:

I found several copies of the FISD_Trees.bgl and corresponding bmp files in other scenery folders. My guess is that one of those was corrupt and as they are all redundant anyway, I deleted them!

Geoff

Yes I was going to say Geoff that to me it looked like the trees scenery was at fault because i had a simmillar problem when i decided to make my own virtual airfield in the village where I live and tried to place some tress and had that simmillar problem.

sorted it out by removing the trees around the airfield scenery and it turned out to look better without them!

Did you find out why though, Geoff, you had so many duplicate coppies?

geoffco:

Did you find out why though, Geoff, you had so many duplicate coppies?

Yes, the reason is that some of the older FISD sceneries have these files included (so as to not need the library) and when you install the FISD library you have to delete the duplicates... Because I have been reinstalling some airports the duplicates returned and I forgot to go through and remove them!

Geoff

Navigation

Up one level