Fs2000 & ERJ-145 panel update

(1/2) > >>

edenuble:
Hi all

I'm still using fs2000 with Bill's ERJ panel (ERJ_grab.zip), it works ok but the update for ERJ fs2000 doesn't.

I tried installing the update for ERJ fs2002 version but it didn't work either. In this case I removed gps_export module because it chashed fs2000 before loading the panel.

FsSound.dll & Fsuipc.dll versions are correct according to installation instructions.

I really enjoy this panel (thanks, Bill) and really want the update to work in fs2000.

Any help?

Ed.

Bill_Grabowski:
Ed,

I assume you installed the original ERJ panel files first , followed by the update for FS2000 dated Feb 16, 2002. I suggest removing all the components of the ERJ panel and starting over, first installing the original panel and airplane and making sure it works properly, followed by the update above, but make sure you follow the installation instructions. Also, ensure that you have the 1.5 (and NOT 1.6) version of FsSound.dll.

You didn't describe what about the panel does not work. What error messages are you seeing? Does the panel show at all, or is the panel distorted? Do you have the proper aliases to the panel set from the airplane you are using in the airplane's panel.cfg file? The possibilities are numerous.

Don't forget to read the FAQ topic at the top of this forum.

Bill

edenuble:
 Bill,

I installed the original panel files first, verified that it works ok, then installed the update for fs2000 effectively dated Feb 16, 2002.
The Fssound.dll version is 1.5.
When I start Fs2000, there is an error with fs2000.exe, so there is nothing loaded when I launch Fs, it closes after the error.

The message says something like this:
"FS2000 caused an error of invalid page in module FS2000.EXE at 0187:0040d0d8"

I found out that by installing the old ERJ.GAU file from the original panel version over the updated ERJ.GAU from the fs2000 update version (after installing the update), the panel works ok; I assume that the updated ERJ.GAU file is causing the error.

The ERJ.GAU file version working is "1, 0, 0, 1" and weights 6,815 Kb. The updated file version is the same but it weights 7,380 Kb.

I'm using Fs2000 Pro with the update 2b installed.

Ed.

Bill_Grabowski:
Ed,

One thing that looks odd to me is that the upgrade for FS2000 is Feb 2002, however, the modified date on the ERJ.gau file included is September 1, 2002.  In checking my files, it's the same date also. So... Since the FS2002 only version came out in November 2002, somehow I'm guessing that the .gau included for the FS2000 included an updated later version that only works in FS2002. It's been so long that I don't remember what happened at that time, and forum messages here only go back to 2003. I doubt if the verson 2.1 update for FS2002 would work in FS2000, but you could try the .gau included in that update to see. Otherwise, you might have to use the original .gau.

Bill

edenuble:
Ok, Bill, thanks so much for your help. I'll see if that works, if it doesn't i'll use the original file.

Ed.

Navigation

Up one level

Next page