With Air Berlin to the Mediterranean Sea | BER1322, EDDT - LGIR

(1/5) > >>

MaxA:
Hey / Moi / Hej,

as I'm going to fly to Crete on Monday, I decided to fly the route in flight simulator. Since I didn't make a flight report for quite a long time, I took my camera with me to make some shots.
Excuse the empty airports, but I was flying online...

----------

General Information

Flight: Air Berlin 1322
To: Heraklion (Iraklion) (LGIR / HER)
EET: 03h15
Dep. runway: 26L
Arr. runway: 27
SID: GERGA2L
STAR: ATLAN1A

Aircraft:

Type: Boeing 737-86J(WL)
SelCal: AE-BQ

ATC-Flightplan:

(FPL-BER1322-IS
 -B738/M-SEIRWY/S
 -EDDT1425
 -N0446F350 GERGA2L GERGA UM725 GRZ UT23 BABIT UN739 NEPOS UL617 MAKED UZ511 ELPIS UZ508 SKP UL617 ERITI
 -LGIR0315 LGKO
 -EET/EDUU0004 LKAA0027 LOVV0042 LHCC0123 LWSS0201 LGGG0220 REG/DABBE SEL/AEBQ DOF/060629 OPR/BER RMK/TCAS ACGS EQUIPPED RVR/200 ORGN/EDDTBERB )

Weather:

EDDT 291320Z 34006KT CAVOK 22/08 Q1022 NOSIG

Berlin-Tegel, wind from 340 with 6, clouds and visibility ok, 22C, dew point 08C, QNH 1022, no significant changes expected

Crosswinds with up to 40 knots are expected

LGIR 291750Z 32012KT 9999 FEW025 26/19 Q1011 NOSIG

Iraklion, wind from 320 with 12 knots, visibility greater than 10 kilometers, few clouds at 2500, temp. 26C, dew point 19C, QNH 1011, no significant changes expected

Weights:

Passengers: 146 (= 11945kg)
Cargo: 5595kg
ZFW: 59041kg

The flight:

Our todays flight leads us to the greek island Crete. We, the cockpit crew, responsible for 146 passengers, four flight attendants and two dogs, just boarded the airplane and prepare our flight.

After a short outside check we signed the fuel bill, and we're ready for our clearance

Pilot: "Tegel Ground, guten Tag, Air Berlin 1322 with information Charlie request start up"
ATC: "Air Berlin 1322, hallo, info Charlie correct, start up is approved, you are cleared to Iraklion via the GERGA2L flight planned route, squwk 5001"
Pilot: "Start up approved, cleared Iraklion via GERGA2L, 5001 in the box, Air Berlin 1322"
ATC: "Air Berlin 1322, readback correct, pushback is approved"

During pushback we start up our two CF56 engines; the right one is first

Both engines are running - while an airplane is reading back his clearance we take out the taxi chart:

Today we'll taxi via SM and SE to holding point runway 26L - while our 146 passengers have to listen to the safety announcements, we apply light thrust and our Boeing 737-800WL makes its way to the holding point.

In two minutes we're going to roar down the 2428 meter long runway - souverain routine for us pilots.

Without stopping we receive a line-up clearance, since we're number one. The purser gives her call: "Cabin attendants, please prepare for take off"

"Air Berlin 1322, wind is 340 with 5 knots, runway 26L is cleared for take off, have a great flight" - wir acknowledge, and apply thrust...

A bit late, but not too late, we rotate into Berlin's afternoon sky

Surprisingly we receive a short cut direct to LUROS - due to that we save 10 - 15 minutes flight time.

We give Berlin-Tegel a last wave for this day, tomorrow we will return...

The airport Berlin-Schoenefeld is in sight, while we leave the metropole Berlin

--- 1.5 hours later... ---

Currently we're in Macedonian airspace - everything's calm at FL350 and no delay is expected

As one can see, the sun is beginning to set - and we're very close to the top of descend...

Everything has been set for the VOR-DME approach in Iraklion

We're almost reaching FL100 - to prevent a holding we have to reduce speed to 250 or less

This is our VOR-DME including the go around procedures

We have intercepted the radial - we receive a hand over to the tower who gives us a landing clearance

The sunset is reflecting in the warm Mediterranean Sea while we remain on landing course this calm evening

We're almost there - the gear is about to kiss Greek tarmac

...and touchdown - reverse thrust, speed- and autobrakes brake our airplane

Welcome to Iraklion

Used Add-ons:

- Boeing 737-800WL by PMDG (p)
- Berlin-Tegel by Aerosoft (p)
- Heraklion by Hellas Project (f)
- Reality Pack by Sascha Rieger (f)
- FSBuild 2.2 by E. Alston (p)
- SimCharts 3 by Jeppesen (p)
- FSScreen by Matthias Holzer (f)
- Photoshop CS by Adobe (p)
- IvAp & IvAe by IVAO (f)
- EasySatPix Europe by Stefan Braunewell (f)

--------

Thanks for watching - excuse the missing story, but I think a bit of informative style wouldn't be too bad. Next time I'll try to write one

airbus380:
Very nice shots .

/Serdar

regalboss:
Ohhh Jesus Christ!  That were splendid pics!!

Hallelulja!

FlyScandinavian:
Awesome shots and great story! 

Babis:
I couldn't say it better guys, you rule!!!

Navigation

Up one level

Next page