Throttle Problem

(1/1)

bsteinagel:
Hi All,

In the manual I read that the ERJ does not have autothrottles.  Throttles are controlled by the pilot.  However, I'm able to control the throttles using FSNavigator.  However, I can't get the autothrottle function to turn off.  During ascent to my cruise altitude I let FSNavigator control heading, vertical speed, and throttles.  Once I'm at my cruise altitude I disconnect FSNavigator and switch over to the panel's FMS system and let the autopilot fly my course using the FMS.  My problem is that I can no longer control the throttles manually during descent.  I have to use the SPD mode of the autopilot to reduce my speed.  Even with the SPD button disengaged the throttles will not respond to my joystick; they respond to whatever the speed bug is set to on the autopilot. 

I know my joystick works because I'm able to advance the throttles manually on takeoff.  Any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks,
Brad S.

Bill_Grabowski:
Brad,

Well, I can guess that when you use an outside program like FSNavigator, and it's controlling the FS autopilot and autothrottle, it's now an FSNavigator problem. I can't guess why it's not turning off the autothrottle if it's also turning off the autopilot; the ERJ uses it's own routines for controlling autopilot functions, but autothrottle is not one of them.

Have you considered not using the autothrottle in FSNavigator?

Bill

Navigation

Up one level