Maule M7-260 fuel selection problem

Have recently downloaded the collection of Maules, and the 1.1 update, and agree with comments about it being one of the best free addons for FS2004.

But I have one problem, and it relates to selecting the main fuel tanks. The fuel panel (SHIFT + 5) allows L, R and Both, but the fuel is only used from the smaller Aux tanks. The main tanks stay full!

How do you use the fuel in these larger tanks, as otherwise the range is rather limited?

In case others look here, I have an answer to my question, given in response to a duplicate posting on Avsim:

The Maule uses the 15gals(x2) from the right and left Aux tanks first, before using the mains. The fuel selector switch is actually Left and Right main tanks, of which each have a capacity of 21.5gals of fuel.

Test: Go to the "Fuel and Payload" page in FS and empty the two aux tanks. Then back to the Maule, the aircraft still runs from the mains. Check the left and right aux tanks via the switches above the fuel gauges and see they are empty. Switch again for remaining fuel in the mains.

Hope that helps.

Brent aka "dogknot"

Up one level