Discussion about INTVAS

(1/9) > >>

INTVAS-DIR:
Hello Mates,

I am the INTVAS-DIR and I want to announce something 

Please don't blame or point fingers to Robert since he is just a country representer in our network , I would like to take your questions , recommendations and crutisism because this help us to develop and fix our bad things,

Regards,
Anas

sami:
I've splitted this topic from the Swedish forums, as you obviously do not speak Swedish, so better use this English forum for these questions.

About the questions, actually I have one.. Could you please explain why the Intvas network structure, training system, rating system, awards, division system, website look&feel, database sections, division system and pretty much everything is directly copied (even the "very nice" forum software  ), or just slightly modified from IVAO network's original pages. What I've looked your website earlier a month ago or so, I even found some pages where the content was directly copied (not sure if they are there anymore.. really hope not). First of all this is illegal as there are things called "copyrights" and secondly it really does not show that this network would have any own ideas or initiatives if things need to be copied directly from others. Now when I looked up your site again, I saw that it has been changed a bit (?) since I last looked there, but in my mind, if you really-really-really wish to make a new network, then start off from fully clean table and do not copy and "steal" from others.

What I read from the other forum was that people really did not see where the resemblance between this and Ivao is, but if that is so unclear, perhaps I could take few screenshots to illustrate my point.    The similarities in this site and Ivao actually are also in the source code as both seem to use the ASP based system and it must not be any coeincidence that the site's dynamic pages also look just alike.

And since there are already three other networks, what is actually the point in setting up even another one? To give my honest personal opinion - with the current systems you have, you're not at least getting my symphaties.

INTVAS-DIR:
Hi Sami,

Thank you for modyfing the topic and splitting everything.

I don't speak Swedish but can understand few words thank's to Lingo.

About your question here's my reply :

INTVAS was started on the June 23th 2006 and we needed a site to launch the network , as far as you aware I am not the webmaster so you can ask me this question why we did copy IVAO site, IVAO site was not done by IVAO themself but was also copied from a Porteguese member ( Miguel PT-DIR ) and all the thanks he got was the Spirit awawd on his IVAO profile. You can't accuse us of stealing while your website was done the same way from Miguel. We started changing the structure of the network and let me promise you something that we will never be like IVAO in either Training , Software or others. We started small and expanding and in no time you will notice that we have a lot of members, The same way IVAO started 

IVAO is copyrighted and registered as a TM ( As far as I know ) and we didn't steal the design nor the content. We are currently emplating PHP is our own language but let me make a point that "ASP" was not created by IVAO , It was created by someone else as a programming language neither the Snitz forum , we are also working on changing the forum to another one ( and please don't say that we stole it also ).

If you want to have a look how IVAO was back at 1999 , it was like this : http://web.archive.org/web/19990429211659/http://www.ivao.org/

We are using Procontroller and Squwakbox as a temporairly solution while we are developing our own ;-)

IVAO is twisted now after the coup with Morten ( Remeber ? )

Regards,
Anas

I've splitted this topic from the Swedish forums, as you obviously do not speak Swedish, so better use this English forum for these questions.

About the questions, actually I have one.. Could you please explain why the Intvas network structure, training system, rating system, awards, division system, website look&feel, database sections, division system and pretty much everything is directly copied (even the "very nice" forum software  ), or just slightly modified from IVAO network's original pages. What I've looked your website earlier a month ago or so, I even found some pages where the content was directly copied (not sure if they are there anymore.. really hope not). First of all this is illegal as there are things called "copyrights" and secondly it really does not show that this network would have any own ideas or initiatives if things need to be copied directly from others. Now when I looked up your site again, I saw that it has been changed a bit (?) since I last looked there, but in my mind, if you really-really-really wish to make a new network, then start off from fully clean table and do not copy and "steal" from others.

What I read from the other forum was that people really did not see where the resemblance between this and Ivao is, but if that is so unclear, perhaps I could take few screenshots to illustrate my point.    The similarities in this site and Ivao actually are also in the source code as both seem to use the ASP based system and it must not be any coeincidence that the site's dynamic pages also look just alike.

And since there are already three other networks, what is actually the point in setting up even another one? To give my honest personal opinion - with the current systems you have, you're not at least getting my symphaties.

AnteK:

Hi Sami,

Thank you for modyfing the topic and splitting everything.

I don't speak Swedish but can understand few words thank's to Lingo.

About your question here's my reply :

INTVAS was started on the June 23th 2006 and we needed a site to launch the network , as far as you aware I am not the webmaster so you can ask me this question why we did copy IVAO site, IVAO site was not done by IVAO themself but was also copied from a Porteguese member ( Miguel PT-DIR ) and all the thanks he got was the Spirit awawd on his IVAO profile. You can't accuse us of stealing while your website was done the same way from Miguel. We started changing the structure of the network and let me promise you something that we will never be like IVAO in either Training , Software or others. We started small and expanding and in no time you will notice that we have a lot of members, The same way IVAO started 

You will never ever be as big as IVAO or VATSIM, and the way you Anas act, I will be very suprised if someone would like to fly at "INTVAS" and for everyone that dont know Anas, I would like to say that there is a reason that he have been banned from IVAO...

best regards SE-AOC @ IVAO

sami:
Hi,

Well, as the president of the network it is still you that is ultimately responsible of the website. You just cannot say that you did not know (?) or you do not at this time know that the website was/is a copy of Ivao (or any other site). You must have seen that site before the launch, so really that sounds just like pushing the responsibility away.

Not knowing anything from that Ivao case you referred (did you ever came to think that that Miguel might have exclusively designed that FOR them?), but if that is true, then you say that "OK, those guys steal it, then we can steal it too".. ??  Uh.     Do you really expect that on that kind of basis you could build a network that would attract members and have a good reputation?

And basically you did not still reply to my main question. Why even start the network if you have nothing more to offer than a copied service from others?  OK, you might be developing your own things, but why then bring this copyright-nightmare live and why not wait for the actual launch with your own software and things?

And are you really saying that you did not steal the design or content? That basically is opposite what you said in the first part of your message. But standby and I will post here a few examples..

Navigation

Up one level

Next page