FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
23.05.17, 18:51

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  Problems with UT
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: Problems with UT  (Read 1516 times)
Adde89
Former member
Problems with UT
« on: 01.09.06, 15:27 »

How come I can only see about the half of all the airlines that are included in this package? Did anyone here had the same problem and solved it?
Geoff Cooper

Date Registered: 25.08.04

Re: Problems with UT
« Reply #1 on: 01.09.06, 20:02 »

First thing to check is that AI traffic is set to 100% in the main FS options. Also, you'll need to visit a lot of airports to see all the AI planes/carriers from UT... Beyond that, as I don't use the product, I don't know what could be wrong...

Geoff

My FS9 and FSX run on... i7 2600K @4.8GHz, 1kW PSU, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 16Gb G.skill PC3-17000, XFX Black HD 7970, 2x512Gb OCZ Vertex4 SSD (Win 7 x64 & FS) & 2x1Tb WD Caviar, ASUS Xonar Essence, 2xCrossover 30" LCD in EyeFinity 5120x1600, CH Hardware...and a big smile!
Adde89
Former member
« Reply #2 on: 01.09.06, 20:58 »

I checked that out and it is set to 100%. I am very dissapointed, this was a waste of money imo  Sad
Geoff Cooper

Date Registered: 25.08.04

« Reply #3 on: 02.09.06, 06:24 »

Don't give up just yet - traffic can be tricky!!

How do you know that half the airliners from UT are present? Because the AI planes will be well distributed around the world, you might wait for a long time before you encounter some of them... Just like in the real world, where some planes are less common than others! I have to say that quite often I don't see AI that I have installed for a really long time after I've installed it and sometimes I've forgotten by then which makes for a nice suprise Grin

As for UT being a waste of money, I disagree. I think a good starting point for AI traffic is one of the many "full packages" but then after a while you'll want to start modifying the traffic yourself. If you are really sure that you are missing some airlines then get on to UT support and they should be able to help. If this fails, you could fill in the missing carriers with free AI traffic from ProjectAI...

Geoff

My FS9 and FSX run on... i7 2600K @4.8GHz, 1kW PSU, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 16Gb G.skill PC3-17000, XFX Black HD 7970, 2x512Gb OCZ Vertex4 SSD (Win 7 x64 & FS) & 2x1Tb WD Caviar, ASUS Xonar Essence, 2xCrossover 30" LCD in EyeFinity 5120x1600, CH Hardware...and a big smile!
Adde89
Former member
« Reply #4 on: 02.09.06, 15:24 »

I know that every airline can't be everywhere 24/7 Wink but I flew with the cessna over the terminal and then changed the time, and alot of airlines didn't show up. I am now talking about daily visitors and not rare visitors :/. I'll try to reinstall and then I will reg on the UT forums.

Cheers
Mikko J Virtanen

Date Registered: 30.03.06

« Reply #5 on: 02.09.06, 17:05 »

I know that every airline can't be everywhere 24/7 Wink but I flew with the cessna over the terminal and then changed the time, and alot of airlines didn't show up. I am now talking about daily visitors and not rare visitors :/. I'll try to reinstall and then I will reg on the UT forums.

Cheers
I can't tell if you did/didn't understand the fact, that every airline won't be everywhere. For example, Finnair won't pop up to Seattle, but SAS might. I mean that even if you change the time, Finnair won't appear at KSEA because it doesn't fly there.
So you need to know what airlines do fly to the airport you are looking at, if you understood this, then there is a problem with UT and you need to do something about it.
This may feel irritating when everyone tells almost the same thing (and you maybe know it already) but we can't be sure what you understood and what you didn't. Good luck with UT, and sorry  Smiley
« Last Edit: 03.09.06, 07:53 by Mikko J Virtanen »

Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

Date Registered: 14.02.02

« Reply #6 on: 03.09.06, 02:01 »

Maybe the problem is simply that the parking slots for airlines are running out. When you are for example at Arlanda you will mostly see SAS planes and they fill most of the gates so there is no room for other companies. This is just a theory but that could be the problem here. Try flying few times and see how the traffic "behaves", maybe you hear them calling ATC in the air. Or you can hop to the different airports around the world, Frankfurt will be full with Lufthansa planes, Haneda will have All Nippon and Japan Airlines, Minneapolis Northwest, Seattle Alaska Airlines etc. etc.

'Don't panic'
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
« previous thread next thread »
Jump to: