Iceland

(1/1)

JohnHubb:
First post, so thanks for having me on board.

I visited Iceland many times on business in the 1990s. During one of these I managed to hire a Cessna 182 which I flew (with an instructor) around Reykjavik and along the southern coast. I also made many flights with Islandflug from Reykjavik in their wonderful old Fokker Friendships.  Sadly, it seems that the domestic Islandflug services have been taken over by Air Iceland. Is this correct?

I doubt if I will get to fly in Iceland again and so I was hoping to find an Icelandic VA as next best thing. I did. Called Iceland Air VA, it has one member!    Does anyone know of any other more active Icelandic/ Faroese VAs?

Tatu:

First post, so thanks for having me on board.

Welcome.

I visited Iceland many times on business in the 1990s. During one of these I managed to hire a Cessna 182 which I flew (with an instructor) around Reykjavik and along the southern coast. I also made many flights with Islandflug from Reykjavik in their wonderful old Fokker Friendships.  Sadly, it seems that the domestic Islandflug services have been taken over by Air Iceland. Is this correct?

Yes, true. Air Iceland flies mostly with Fokker 50 planes but some of the old Islandsflug planes are painted to Air Iceland colors. Islandsflug charter company merged last year with Air Atlanta Icelandic which is now part of Avion Group.

I doubt if I will get to fly in Iceland again and so I was hoping to find an Icelandic VA as next best thing. I did. Called Iceland Air VA, it has one member!    Does anyone know of any other more active Icelandic/ Faroese VAs?

You don't mean this one? Seems to be well organised but of course not so big...

http://www.cpavirtual.org/icelandair/

Zoog:
Islandsflug sadly has stopped but they did have ATR42 as for the Fokkers they are Flugleišir or Air Iceland as they call it now. 
On Icelandiv VA there is one good one out there that will get you flying Twin otter's Fokkers and Dash8 domesticly check out http://cpavirtual.org/icelandair/

Navigation

Up one level