FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
20.09.17, 02:04

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  New planes for Flight Simulator X
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: New planes for Flight Simulator X  (Read 2208 times)
Tuomas Virtanen

Date Registered: 28.10.06

New planes for Flight Simulator X
« on: 04.11.06, 08:44 »

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know how can I load new planes to FSX?
Is that even possible? The planes in FSX are good but I want there more different planes like it was in FS 2002 or FS 2004...

Thanks to everyone for help..

En tee mitään siksi, että muut tekevät niin.

ightenhill
Former member
Re: New planes for Flight Simulator X
« Reply #1 on: 04.11.06, 10:26 »

Simply add them into planes in sim objects.. Some planes will have problems with the gauges or panels though in that case just assign a different panel
jostytosty
Former member
« Reply #2 on: 06.11.06, 21:37 »

Hi Sim friend,
I've just installed the NAMC YS11 from fs2004 and I fly itin FSX. BUT BECAREFULL!!! some planes have an atc color id  with a number in it in the aircraft cfg file. Delete that line and save the .cfg If you don't your cumpeter will probally crash like mine did a couple of times befor I realised what was going on. For the rest: put your plane in the sim objects folder under aircraft, place gauges in the gauhes folder effect in effects etc. And fly your bird. (some gauges may not completely work as they used to, but it isn'nt easy to compare with fs9)
Kristian378
Former member
« Reply #3 on: 07.11.06, 10:44 »

Hi Guys!

It would just be great if there were some different aircrafts available, that would be complete up to FS X standard. After all, it's not just a matter of gauges: The FS X models use models that greatly improves the surface look of the aircraft (something about an alteration of the alfa-channels in the graphics).

Personally, I look forward to some full-bread FS X versions of aircrafts from SAS and Maersk Air (Yeah, this guy is Danish thmbup).
Ilike732s
Former member
« Reply #4 on: 07.11.06, 14:53 »

Hi every1

I saw FSX in PC World on 18 Oct (my birthday). I nearly bought it but a "Great Planes" box fell off the shelf (I was looking for MS Office XP Pro - priced stupidly so I didn't bother). I read a lot of hype about FSX, but since the FS2004 monologues decided "no way".

Two years ago, I snuck a CRJ 200 (Wilco) pack into it and it didn't have a wobbly (it was designed for FS2004) apart from the panel going nuts but the Lear panel is better. I am wondering if I can sneak in FSX planes into FS2002 without it going into meltdown.

Are FSX planes compatible with old FS2002 and do the "new default" (like the 747 and 777) textures work in old FS2002 (FS2004 ones did)?

Thanx for reading this.
Kristian378
Former member
« Reply #5 on: 21.11.06, 12:02 »

Hi Dave!

Are FSX planes compatible with old FS2002 and do the "new default" (like the 747 and 777) textures work in old FS2002 (FS2004 ones did)?

It looks to me like the textures of FSX Aircrafts are made with some new file (.dds) and these are definitely not compatible with older version of FS.

Whether the models (the mdl-files) can be used in older versions I do not know... Undecided
Kristian378
Former member
« Reply #6 on: 22.11.06, 09:44 »

Hi again!

A little follow-up:

If you bought the FSX Deluxe edition, you will find an SDK package (Software Development Kit). In this package is a library called "Modeling SDK". Here you can find a program that converts the .bmp texture-files into the new .dds format.
It's called "XtoMdl" and comes with with several conversion options.

But be aware that any alterations you make, is your own responsibility. So make backups first.

So maybe there is a chance that you can update your old FS aircrafts to FSX standard (Well, allmost). Wink
Ilike732s
Former member
« Reply #7 on: 22.11.06, 15:19 »

Do you think that someone may invent a "tool" for converting the new file textures for FS2002/FS2004 use, or have I basically had it?

I am hoping to get a new computer, but 95% of my money is going into my "get a relatively cheap executive car - probably a Range Rover"

Maybe next Christmas (when the Mercedes-Benz, Range Rover, Jaguar, or whatever is paid off) I will upgrade the computer.

PS: Does anyone here know what a 1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue (the round headlight with Cessna-style door handles) is like - it is the car that I am looking for and I am looking for information on the car.
Kristian378
Former member
« Reply #8 on: 23.11.06, 20:05 »

Hi Dave!

I don't think it likely that anyone would take the time to make a program that converts FSX aircrafts into FS2002 or FS2004 compatible aircrafts.
After all, the earlier versions of FS are not programmed to handle the level of detail in graphics that you find in FSX.

Besides that, you can find exactly the same aircrafts for earlier versions of FS as you can for FSX... Smiley
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
« previous thread next thread »
Jump to: