Where is it approriate to post a query about an issue with an FISD airport?

(1/4) > >>

bwob:
Terve!

I've had a problem with the FISD scenery for Vaasa airport and am not certain where to post a question about it or how to contact the people at FISD, as I stupidly trashed the .zip file after the airport was installed.

For some reason, it seems I am getting an unwanted mix of FISD and default scenery at Vaasa, as can be seen below:

Could someone please point me in the correct direction so I can begin some needed urban redevelopment at Vaasa? Thanks in advance.

bwob
Somewhere in Malaysia

Sorry to tell but only problem is that you haven't read the readme well enough. This problem is stated in the readme and there is also a solution for this problem. You will need to add a exclude line to your scenery.cfg. Open your scenery.cfg file (for example in notepad) and search for the "area" that belongs to your Vaasa airport installation. In my scenery.cfg it is following:

[Area.097]
Title=Vaasa
Local=Scenery\EFVA
Active=TRUE
Layer=97
Required=FALSE
Remote=

Now you will need to copy this line to it:
Exclude=n63 4.08,e21 43.84,n63 2.23,e21 46.67,all

Now it should look something like this:

[Area.097]
Title=Vaasa
Local=Scenery\EFVA
Active=TRUE
Layer=97
Required=FALSE
Remote=

And next time when you are at Vaasa in your simulator you will notice that there is no more default buildings or dublicate towers in airport.

By the way here is a new afcad file made by Esa Kaihlanen if you need one http://people.jyu.fi/~ekkaihla/afg/Af2_efva.zip

Hopefully this helped. Happy flyings in Vaasa

Tatu:

Terve!

I've had a problem with the FISD scenery for Vaasa airport and am not certain where to post a question about it or how to contact the people at FISD, as I stupidly trashed the .zip file after the airport was installed.

The zip is in the File Library, 1.7 MB, just download it again. But the scenery is old and maybe the contact information is old too so this is the right place to ask help.

For some reason, it seems I am getting an unwanted mix of FISD and default scenery at Vaasa, as can be seen below:

The reason is that you didn't read the Readme file.

You have to add the exclude line to the Scenery.cfg. Like this:

[Area.100]
Title=Vaasa
Local=C:\FS2000\scenery\EFVA\Scenery
Active=TRUE
Layer=100

bwob:
Thank you both for the assistance.

That's much better.

And in the future I'll take more time reading instructions, as it was a helpful reminder that I am not a know-it-all. I need that sort of reality check from time-to-time.

Once again, thank you.

bwob

Tatu:
Hi Bob,

good that you got it working.

I am sorry, my earlier answer sounds a bit "cold", I didn't really want to be unkind. 

As a author of some of the FISD sceneries I get the same questions again and again, and that makes me think... why to write the readme files when people don't read them. But thatīs the way it is I guess... I don't read them myself either  except when I have problems, then the readme is of course the first thing to look at. Or like now... I downloaded a freeware Iluyshin IL-62 plane and it seems that I really have to read he manual through to be able to navigate the plane. It is just so overwhelming that I don't know where to start...

Anyway, have nice flights in Finland, all of you. 

Navigation

Up one level

Next page