FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
26.07.17, 02:46

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  Where is it approriate to post a query about an issue with an FISD airport?
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: Where is it approriate to post a query about an issue with an FISD airport?  (Read 2951 times)
bwob
Former member
Where is it approriate to post a query about an issue with an FISD airport?
« on: 08.12.06, 04:32 »

Terve!

I've had a problem with the FISD scenery for Vaasa airport and am not certain where to post a question about it or how to contact the people at FISD, as I stupidly trashed the .zip file after the airport was installed.

For some reason, it seems I am getting an unwanted mix of FISD and default scenery at Vaasa, as can be seen below:

Could someone please point me in the correct direction so I can begin some needed urban redevelopment at Vaasa? Thanks in advance.

bwob
Somewhere in Malaysia
Ville Jalonen

Date Registered: 19.09.03

Re: Where is it approriate to post a query about an issue with an FISD airport?
« Reply #1 on: 08.12.06, 09:36 »

Sorry to tell but only problem is that you haven't read the readme well enough. This problem is stated in the readme and there is also a solution for this problem. You will need to add a exclude line to your scenery.cfg. Open your scenery.cfg file (for example in notepad) and search for the "area" that belongs to your Vaasa airport installation. In my scenery.cfg it is following:

[Area.097]
Title=Vaasa
Local=Scenery\EFVA
Active=TRUE
Layer=97
Required=FALSE
Remote=

Now you will need to copy this line to it:
Exclude=n63 4.08,e21 43.84,n63 2.23,e21 46.67,all

Now it should look something like this:

[Area.097]
Title=Vaasa
Local=Scenery\EFVA
Active=TRUE
Layer=97
Required=FALSE
Remote=

And next time when you are at Vaasa in your simulator you will notice that there is no more default buildings or dublicate towers in airport.

By the way here is a new afcad file made by Esa Kaihlanen if you need one http://people.jyu.fi/~ekkaihla/afg/Af2_efva.zip

Hopefully this helped. Happy flyings in Vaasa thmbup
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

Date Registered: 14.02.02

« Reply #2 on: 08.12.06, 09:37 »

Terve!

I've had a problem with the FISD scenery for Vaasa airport and am not certain where to post a question about it or how to contact the people at FISD, as I stupidly trashed the .zip file after the airport was installed.

The zip is in the File Library, 1.7 MB, just download it again. But the scenery is old and maybe the contact information is old too so this is the right place to ask help.

For some reason, it seems I am getting an unwanted mix of FISD and default scenery at Vaasa, as can be seen below:

The reason is that you didn't read the Readme file.

You have to add the exclude line to the Scenery.cfg. Like this:

[Area.100]
Title=Vaasa
Local=C:\FS2000\scenery\EFVA\Scenery
Active=TRUE
Layer=100

'Don't panic'
bwob
Former member
« Reply #3 on: 08.12.06, 11:34 »

Thank you both for the assistance.

That's much better.

And in the future I'll take more time reading instructions, as it was a helpful reminder that I am not a know-it-all. I need that sort of reality check from time-to-time.

Once again, thank you.

bwob
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #4 on: 08.12.06, 13:32 »

Hi Bob,

good that you got it working.

I am sorry, my earlier answer sounds a bit "cold", I didn't really want to be unkind. 

As a author of some of the FISD sceneries I get the same questions again and again, and that makes me think... why to write the readme files when people don't read them. But that´s the way it is I guess... I don't read them myself either  Grin except when I have problems, then the readme is of course the first thing to look at. Or like now... I downloaded a freeware Iluyshin IL-62 plane and it seems that I really have to read he manual through to be able to navigate the plane. It is just so overwhelming that I don't know where to start...

Anyway, have nice flights in Finland, all of you.  Smiley

'Don't panic'
bigdogshark62
Former member
« Reply #5 on: 21.12.06, 18:11 »

Hello!  (or should I say Hyvaa Paivaa!  Sorry, American keyboard can't make the special characters...)

Since we're on the subject of airport queries, I have a couple of my own...

First, I downloaded the Tampere-Pirkkala airport, but when I load it, all the objects are Sheryar Ansari's Jetways (all in different sizes).  This is the only airport that has this problem.  I have many other airports in Finland that have no troubles with the FISD library.  I have the FISD library installed, as well as all Tampere and TampereL.  I also have FinnTerrain, FinnClass, and all the other various and sundry.  I didn't think Shez's Jetways were used in any of the FISD sceneries. 

Thanks for the tips with Vaasa.  Is there an AF2 for Lappeenranta?   thmbup

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Rob D.
saabpilot
Former member
« Reply #6 on: 21.12.06, 19:42 »

Hello Tatu,

I have another issue, this is with EFHK scenery d/l this week from FSN.
When starting at EFHK - no problems.

But, when arriving at EFHK all runways/taxiways are disappeared.   Sad
Rwy signs are visible on the grass polygon as well as the terminal, but no runway or taxiway texture.

I have had EFHK installed earlier with the same result, but now tested again with a new Nvidia GF 7800 graphics card with 512 mb mem.
Is there maybe a fix for this rather severe problem?
No other FIDS scenery causes problems like this, maybe the cause is a faulty airport altitude ??

Best,
Bjorn   Christmas smiley
Ville Jalonen

Date Registered: 19.09.03

« Reply #7 on: 22.12.06, 00:16 »

First, I downloaded the Tampere-Pirkkala airport, but when I load it, all the objects are Sheryar Ansari's Jetways (all in different sizes).  This is the only airport that has this problem.

This is a problem where some people have collided to. It is just mostly bad luck that those objects have same ID number, so simulator picks the wrong one. There was a fix made for this named EFTP2004_0.2_ID-fix.zip

As it doesn't seem to be available anymore I think you should contact the author of the scenery Juha Piittala. As there seems to be no e-mail address in readme file maybe the best way to contact him is by sending a private message via the link found on his profile http://www.fsnordic.net/discussion/index.php?action=profile;u=611

And a reply for Björn maybe some FISD member can reply too. But the most recent post that I was able to find from finnish forums tell that there is no clear reason for this problem so there is no fix too. Tatu wrote that he thinks that it is a conflict with some other scenery and only solution is to find which one might cause this conflict. Take some of the sceneries to inactive and if EFHK works then some of those which are now inactive causes a conflict.
bigdogshark62
Former member
« Reply #8 on: 22.12.06, 01:22 »

This is a problem where some people have collided to. It is just mostly bad luck that those objects have same ID number, so simulator picks the wrong one. There was a fix made for this named EFTP2004_0.2_ID-fix.zip

As it doesn't seem to be available anymore I think you should contact the author of the scenery Juha Piittala. As there seems to be no e-mail address in readme file maybe the best way to contact him is by sending a private message via the link found on his profile http://www.fsnordic.net/discussion/index.php?action=profile;u=611

Thank you for that.  I will PM him and see what we can find. 

Happy flying!

Rob D.
saabpilot
Former member
« Reply #9 on: 22.12.06, 17:42 »

Thanks Ville,

Have tried that recepy with no success.
I do still believe the EFHK ground (rwy/twy) has the wrong altitude and gets "hidden" by the grasspoly at arrival.
Several people have this problem so it really needs a fix.

Bjorn   Christmas smiley
piitu
Former member
« Reply #10 on: 25.12.06, 06:45 »

First, I downloaded the Tampere-Pirkkala airport, but when I load it, all the objects are Sheryar Ansari's Jetways (all in different sizes).  This is the only airport that has this problem. 

Hi!

You can find that ID-fix from here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/8859908/EFTP2004_0.2_ID-fix.zip.html

Just unzip that package to EFTP2004\Scenery directory and replace those problematic bgl-files with this package's bgl-files.
bigdogshark62
Former member
« Reply #11 on: 26.12.06, 04:50 »

Thank you Juha!  Tampere looks great now! 

Merry Christmas, and happy flying!

Rob D.
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #12 on: 03.01.07, 18:31 »

Have tried that recepy with no success.
I do still believe the EFHK ground (rwy/twy) has the wrong altitude and gets "hidden" by the grasspoly at arrival.

Hi.

I wasn't and isn't in the EFHK team so I don't really know what has been done to this problem. The problem is known though and the strange thing is that only few people have this problem.

It is impossible that grasspoly would hide the ground textures. VTP-polys and Scasm-style ground layers are not the same thing even the same layer numbers don't work the same way so this surely isn't the problem. If it was everyone would see it. When the ground polys or textures have altitude problems they flicker, not disappear.

'Don't panic'
bigdogshark62
Former member
« Reply #13 on: 03.01.07, 23:14 »

Could the EFHK problem possibly be a loading issue?

In some of the more intensive sceneries I have (mainly NZ sceneries like Real Auckland (photoreal), NZ Scenery Christchurch (photoreal), etc.), things are sometimes blurry and slow loading on approach (even with a reasonable video card).  It has happened to me upon turning on final to CHC that all the buildings are there, but no runways or taxiways.  I had to pause the sim and wait for things to finally load.

With everything loaded up (Helsinki City, Helsinki Photoreal, Vantaa Airport, Vantaa Photoreal, Malmi), I can see where loading may be an issue.

Just a thought. 

Rob D.
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #14 on: 04.01.07, 08:49 »

With everything loaded up (Helsinki City, Helsinki Photoreal, Vantaa Airport, Vantaa Photoreal, Malmi), I can see where loading may be an issue.

Just a thought. 

Yes, that is true, with all those sceneries and objects in vicinity loading takes time. I notice this in the buildings at EFHK but not so much more anywhere else.

However... when the textures are loading the objects look grey or whatever they are designed underneath the textures. With other words, the objects show but without textures. Only textures disappear not objects.

'Don't panic'
bigdogshark62
Former member
« Reply #15 on: 04.01.07, 17:10 »

Yes, that's actually what I meant (though not too clear in my previous post).  When I fly into scenery intensive places like Auckland or Christchurch, the textures can take a while to load.  On approach, it sometimes happens that I'll turn on final to see a bunch of objects, but no runways!  I usually hit pause, an the textures will load, but sometimes it can take 15 to 30 seconds for the airport to "appear" in front of me. 

With all the scenery at and around EFHK, this could be the issue Bjorn is having. 
saabpilot
Former member
« Reply #16 on: 05.01.07, 11:50 »

I now suspect the flatten at EFHK to be the culprit, so when I have time I will make a new flatten for EFHK and see if that helps.
See this topic at FSdeveloper:  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2002

Gianni at the Austrian Design Group (LOWW 2006) has had the same problem with disappearing runways.
His was fixed by a new flatten.

Bjorn
Swedflight
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #17 on: 05.01.07, 13:18 »

I now suspect the flatten at EFHK to be the culprit, so when I have time I will make a new flatten for EFHK and see if that helps.

You can try but I doubt that it will help. EFHK is done in gmax and runways are actually just a part of a texture grid that the whole airport consists of. This ground polygon has no elevation information, it is "glued" to the ground.

However, a new flatten might cure the flickering problem some people are experiencing.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 05.01.07, 13:22 by Tatu Kantomaa »

'Don't panic'
saabpilot
Former member
« Reply #18 on: 09.01.07, 16:13 »

Tatu,

If you "strip" all bgl:s that generate what you call the "ground polygon" as well as the rwy/twy texture bgl:s you will see "default" runways/taxiways generated by the AF2.
Then you can clearly see that the AF2 is at a lower level than the ground.  The runway/twy at close distance (<2-300 meters) will "disappear".

The easy "fix" for this is to change the AF2 elevation from 50.9 to 51.0 meters in AFCAD2.
I have done that and it seems to work ok, but I need a bit more testing time which for me is difficult to manage at the moment.

Also the elevation difference should really be fixed in the other BGL:s not in the AF2, however the very small adjustment of 10 cm does not at a quick glance cause any problems.

Flickering is an entirely different matter, this is happening since I believe maybe the designer have used Gmax and FS2004 gamepack for the ground polys.
Gmax and FS2004 gamepack is not a good choise for ground polys as that combination always will give you flicker since there is no Z-buffering available in BGLcomp.

Best

Bjorn
Swedflight Design
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #19 on: 10.01.07, 11:12 »

Flickering is an entirely different matter, this is happening since I believe maybe the designer have used Gmax and FS2004 gamepack for the ground polys.
Gmax and FS2004 gamepack is not a good choise for ground polys as that combination always will give you flicker since there is no Z-buffering available in BGLcomp.

EFHK ground is done with FS2002 gamepack.

'Don't panic'
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
« previous thread next thread »
Jump to: