Nose of the 747 when flying

(1/1)

SNBelgianAirlines:
Hello,

I've recently bought FSX and I thought, I' m going to fly the 747 today. When I flew it in FS9 the nose of the 747 kept on flying like it is climbing even when I fly at a leveled altitude. I thought it might be a mistake in the program, but now when the same action occurs I thought: what am I doing wrong?

Well this is actually the answer I'm looking for? How come when I fly the 747, the nose keeps on going op. And it should not have anything to do with weight since its the standard 747.

Thank you

Mikko J Virtanen:
Do you have enough speed, as the nose goes up i you are flying too slow with flaps up. In high altitudes the 747's speed should be about 0.82-0.84 (?) machs'. Also, if you are flying on very high altitudes and the speed is a bit too low, the power of the engines might not be enough to accelerate/climb anymore and you need to decent just a little bit to get more speed and then climb again.

You spoke about weights of default 747 and i still recommend you to check that you don't have all tanks full and lot's of PAX/cargo aboard, as heavy aircraft or aircraft with too much weight near the tail section may act like you described. Also, a heavy aircraft should fly a bit lower altitudes at first and when it gets lighter, it can climb to higher altitudes.

Hope this helped, and sorry if not :/

bigdogshark62:
Also should mention that a heavy aircraft like the 747 will cruise with a 3 to 5 degree nose up attitude anyway.  So it may seem like it's climbing, but that's just its natural way of flying. 

RD

SNBelgianAirlines:

Thank you for you advice.

To answer the first reaction, yes I've check and done all that.

As for the second: Yes I've heard that heavy aircraft can do that, but with me its higher than 3 to 5 degrees. Plus when I see a real 747 flying or even when I look at screenshots of 747's in flight simulator made by others it seems like they to experience that problem.

I saw a real landing of a 747 just yesterday and when I analyse it, the 747 should be capable of making a smooth landing without to nose going to high in the air. When I try to do this, everytime the nose goes abnormal up in the air and when I try to bring it to a normal approach angle the aircraft is going down way to fast.
So I surched what might be the problem be investigating how a 747 should land whit the correct speed and flaps. For example a normal approach speed should be round 150 knots. But if I fly at this speed on a normal approach my 747 will stall.
Is there a button which I forget to push everytime or something?

Hope you can help

Thank you

AD:
Come in at Vref +5 and with F30 landing you should approach qith about 3deg pitch up. Coming to 30 ft slowly close the thrust levers and increase pitch at the same time to reach about 6deg to 8deg and idle thrust on touchdown. Works every time like magic... That is in real life.

In cruise a -300 and a -400 will be better at M860 than at lower mach numbers you will have about 1.5 to 2 degrees of pitch on your ADI at mid to heavy weights and at lower weights slightly above horizon pitch.

On the Classic with Flaps 30 at max landing weight (285.8 tons some aircraft less some more) your Vref is 152 KIAS. For higher weights higher speeds and naturally for the lower weights lower speeds. More often than not our PAX flight LDG weights are in the 240 ton region.

Navigation

Up one level