EMB120 Panel

(1/1)

lcseale53:
Bill,

Would you have any objection to my updating the venerable ole' panel again?  To finally duck the issues related to FS98/2000 regarding the engine gauges and autothrottle, I've made judicious use of the Kingair gauges.  Since some of these either have no gauge frames, or come with their own, I've created a blank panel bitmap (using yours of course) and added shading to everything to give depth and a lighting ambiance.

I've also added a pop-up throttle quadrant with the original fuel gauges included to make panel space for all the radios and the FS9 GPS - much like the photos show.  The radio area will also pop-up giving full access to the avionics.  The overhead remains a pop-up with usable switches, but looks essentially the same as the original (other than having to add the text, etc. to the bitmap as this was part of the original gauge that had to go).

There may be a few other changes necessary as I work on this.  I'm probably looking at 3 weeks (best laid plans) - I'm currently installing new gyros in my 206 which is kind of a priority but that's pretty much limited to weekends.  Shame I can't do that with panel studio as well  .  That job started with the intent to change out a piece of scat hose under the panel and ... oh well .

Anyway, I think the gauge replacement and graphics work well, and I believe the Brazilia flavor is preserved.  I'll post or send you a screenshot before you decide - when I get to that point.

Thanks,
Leon

Bill_Grabowski:
Leon,

Thanks for still wanting to use my old Emb-120 panel as a basis for your work, but I currently have plans to do a redo of this panel to work in FS9 and FSX.

The Emb-120 panel has always been a favorite, and now that I see light at the end of the MD-11 tunnel, I'm going to focus my interest on this in the near future. I think the result will be satisfactory and to your liking, and I'm enthusiastic to do it. It'll also save you some trouble.

Best,

Bill

lcseale53:
Bill,

That's GREAT news.  We've spoken about my being a fan of your graphics prowess, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks again,
Leon

Bill_Grabowski:
Leon,

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it!

Bill

Navigation

Up one level