FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
27.07.17, 08:36

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  Problem with Tampere / EFTP only passenger gates !!
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: Problem with Tampere / EFTP only passenger gates !!  (Read 2558 times)
steffms
Former member
Problem with Tampere / EFTP only passenger gates !!
« on: 16.08.07, 21:14 »

Hello,
I have installed the airport scenery EFTP2004
and also the FISD_library15.
There are only passenger gates and no buildings (see picture).

Who can help me ?
I'd like to fly in the beautiful Tampere Fotoscenery !
Stefan

[ attachment removed / expired ]
Otto Nieminen

Date Registered: 06.02.06

Re: Problem with Tampere / EFTP only passenger gates !!
« Reply #1 on: 17.08.07, 12:57 »

I had this problem also, delete the rwy12 jetways-objects, you can find them by looking by "jetway" under addon scenery/scenery, or whatever you installed the rwy12-object libraries  Cheesy
steffms
Former member
« Reply #2 on: 26.08.07, 15:05 »

Hello Otto,
thank you very much for your help!
Now it works !
Stefan
johnhinson
Former member
« Reply #3 on: 22.01.08, 09:20 »

With the greatest of respect, this is not a true fix for the problem.

By deleting those files, you may be wrecking dozens of other sceneries that use those Rwy12 features.

I too would like to get Tampere running properly, but not by doing that. I note that the version number of the scenery suggests it is only a "beta" version, and that the files are dated 2004. The author instructs us to discuss problems here and not with him. Sadly, it would seem this project is dead - unless anyone knows better?

Perhaps in the future, if I can get enough data together, I may build a library-object replacement as a substitute.

John
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

Date Registered: 14.02.02

« Reply #4 on: 22.01.08, 15:01 »

Try this. The file goes to EFTP2004\Scenery folder.
« Last Edit: 24.01.08, 15:30 by Tatu Kantomaa »

'Don't panic'
johnhinson
Former member
« Reply #5 on: 23.01.08, 05:23 »

Hi Tatu,

Thanks very much for the reply, sadly that didn't solve the problem.

Can I just check I am using the latest version of the EFTP scenery - mine is v0.2?

Best wishes,

John
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #6 on: 23.01.08, 20:41 »

Ah sorry, maybe it needed two files. Download the above zip again, it now includes two files and now it might work. Let's hope so...

'Don't panic'
johnhinson
Former member
« Reply #7 on: 24.01.08, 09:06 »

Thanks again, Tatu, but still no luck.

I have been exploring deeply to try and pin down the actual problem with the files clashing with the Rwy 12 ones. It actually seems to be quite a big problem.

In order to get the EFTP buildings to appear, it is necessary to eliminate the following Rwy 12 files:
jetwaybn.bgl
jetwaygy.bgl
jetwaywh.bgl
(I'm not sure why all three have to be removed as I see only white ones at EFTP, but it is necessary)

It is also necessary to remove the following EZ Scenery library:
fs9_jetways_ss_1.bgl

But it isn't as simple as that, because many scenery designers distribute these libraries with their individual sceneries so it is necessary to search and find the above files throughout Flight Simulator. I found duplicates littered all over the place, and some had been renamed by the authors to be "Library_fs9_jetways_ss_1.bgl" and "Library_jetwaywh.bgl" too.

I have found duplicate file libraries amongst sceneries for the following airports: DABC, EVRA, HECA, KATL, KDAL, KDFW, KFLL, KMSP, KPHL, KSTL, KTUS, PANC, SABE, SBCF, SUMU, VIDP and an Argentine Airports set.

It makes sense to remove all of the the duplicates anyway, but you will appreciate my reasons for not wanting to completely remove the files concerned as it would mess up a lot of airports to get EFTP working properly. Nevertheless, for testing purposes I did so and can confirm that I then am able to see the buildings.

As I say, if there is no other option I will probably (for my own convenience) create a library-object file for the scenery and will not mind sharing this if anybody else has the need. However, having seen the scenery as it should look I know what I would do with library objects will never look as good as the scenery actually is.

Best wishes,

John
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #8 on: 24.01.08, 09:42 »

It makes sense to remove all of the the duplicates anyway, but you will appreciate my reasons for not wanting to completely remove the files concerned as it would mess up a lot of airports to get EFTP working properly.

That's why I am trying to give you the corrected files for EFTP.

This problem has been spotted and corrected by the author years ago, I just thought I had corrected versions of EFTP bgl's but I guess I didn't. Someone here must have it, I'll ask in the finnish section.

EDIT

In a meanwhile... download the zip above once again and install it. Then remove the EFTP2004_FNC.bgl from EFTP2004\Scenery folder, it removes the fence that goes around the airport, not a big loss. Then delete Scenery.dat file from EFTP2004 folder.

This way you should not see any RWY12 objects at the airport anymore.
« Last Edit: 24.01.08, 09:55 by Tatu Kantomaa »

'Don't panic'
johnhinson
Former member
« Reply #9 on: 24.01.08, 11:28 »

Thanks, I have already removed the fence file. But the buildings also display as jetways.

Great to know the author has made a fix, and hope you can locate it. Then download at http://files.fsnordic.net/?download=1615 would not appear to include it.

I really appreciate all you are doing to help with this.

Kind regards,

John
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #10 on: 24.01.08, 11:35 »

Thanks, I have already removed the fence file. But the buildings also display as jetways.

The files included in the zip I sent should take care of the buildings and show them correctly.

'Don't panic'
johnhinson
Former member
« Reply #11 on: 24.01.08, 12:14 »

Yes, looking at the file dates, EFTP2004.bgl is the same as in the airport download, but EFTP2004_lib.bgl is dated 2006 which certainly implies it is the "fixed" version. But, alas, for me it doesn't work - to be clear about what I am saying this is what I see (with the fence file removed):

and

Kindest regards,

John
Ville Jalonen

Date Registered: 19.09.03

« Reply #12 on: 24.01.08, 12:20 »

This one should be correct update to fix the problem http://rapidshare.com/files/8859908/EFTP2004_0.2_ID-fix.zip.html
johnhinson
Former member
« Reply #13 on: 24.01.08, 12:59 »

Fantastic! That has fixed everything, including the fences.

I'm very grateful to you both, and hope I can repay your kindness somehow one day.

Just a thought - would it be a good idea to make these files available in the fsnordic file library section as an update?

Best wishes,

John
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
« previous thread next thread »
Jump to: