FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
26.05.17, 15:06

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  cold and dark
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: cold and dark  (Read 1603 times)
veshagoo
Former member
cold and dark
« on: 27.08.07, 18:39 »

does anyone know how to turn off the cold and dark..i need the airplanes running when i start..just about all my planes are  "cold and dark" and i dont know how to start them...in fs2004..any help is appreciated..rgds ken..ps  crtl + e..does not work
« Last Edit: 27.08.07, 18:50 by Ken Hanson »
Otto Nieminen

Date Registered: 06.02.06

Re: cold and dark
« Reply #1 on: 28.08.07, 11:10 »

Take the original flight from FS disc 1 > msgame1.cab (You can open this with program like WinZip, or with Window's own unzipping system) > flights > other > FLTSIM.FLT, then unzip it to the FS Root > Flights > other and overwrite. This should work, let me know if it doesnt  Grin

Regards,
Otto
veshagoo
Former member
« Reply #2 on: 29.08.07, 15:18 »

thanks for your reply...im fairly new, i dont know how to find that file..i tried a search but no luck..do i put in the fs disc1?..any help is apprec..rgds ken
Otto Nieminen

« Reply #3 on: 29.08.07, 15:36 »

Ok, put the disc 1 in the CD-drive, then open My Computer and open the files from the DVD-drive-icon. Then find the msgame1.cab and browse to the file as I earlier advised  Cheesy If any other questions, dont be afraid to aks  Cheesy

EDIT_ Oh-yea, I forgot to told, that unzip the FLTSIM.FLT to the sim root directory, it will find its path to the right place  Wink
veshagoo
Former member
« Reply #4 on: 29.08.07, 16:09 »

hi..i put in the fs1 disc, clicked on my computer clicked on the fs1 icon, the folders opened up, i found the cab1, clicked on it, and could not find a ......flights..... folder, checked out cab2, there are a lot of flights folders in there, but no single flight folder.....when i open up my fs2004 folder there is a flight folder there , i opened it up and clicked on it, found, other, then fltsim.com, then  found my default flight......didnt know what to do from there.....thanks rgds ..ken
veshagoo
Former member
« Reply #5 on: 29.08.07, 16:27 »

re flights folder there are two files in there..one the orig meigs flt and my default flt from sea...rgds  ken
Otto Nieminen

« Reply #6 on: 29.08.07, 17:44 »

Ok, I have to test this myself  Cheesy

So, here it is, step-by-step, how-to restore original flight  Grin

1. Put the FS disc 1 DVD in drive and open up My Computer.

2. Open up the DVD-drive-directory and find MSGAME1.CAB, open it.

3. Then, if you are using WinZip, have a look at the "path" in the upper right side of the file-browsing-screen.

4. Look at path saying: Flights/other

5. Select the file named FLTSIM.FLT under Flights/other path and unzip it to FS9Root/Flights/other.

6. Close Winzip and have a nice flights with engines started  Grin

This should do it. Im not really sure about those "path"-things, because Im using TugZip, where the folders are normally, not under path-things  Grin Send message if this doesnt work  Cheesy
veshagoo
Former member
« Reply #7 on: 29.08.07, 18:28 »

thanks so much for your help...i am red-faced now, i didnt even look at the right side i only looked at the left...but now i can carry on .. i would put in a happy face but dont know how...thanks once more...you have been a  great help..best rgds ken
Otto Nieminen

« Reply #8 on: 30.08.07, 11:36 »

Nice that it did work! You can put smiley face by pressing the emotion from the list above this text-writing box  Cheesy Wink
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
« previous thread next thread »
Jump to: