FSnordic.net
Home Help Rules Login Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
20.07.17, 16:32

Login with username, password and session length
+  FSnordic.net Forums
|-+  English Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Thomas Hjelm)
| | |-+  Help with CTDs over Helsinki
:  

« previous thread next thread »
Pages: [1] Reply Print
Author Topic: Help with CTDs over Helsinki  (Read 6130 times)
sethis
Former member
Help with CTDs over Helsinki
« on: 11.11.07, 10:26 »

Hello guys

I resently installed every addon found related with Helsinki (Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa photoscenery, Helsinki, Espoo landmarks, EFHF and EFHK) After that I started experiensing many random CTDs over Helsinki. This promblem even occured when I had only installed EFHF and EFHK but when I was near these airports. Finnterrain and Finnclass can not be causing the problem since I installed them a long time ago and had no problems with them. I red every related post written in English but they weren't of any help so I would appreciate it if someone could help me with the problem.
Here is the priority I have given in the scenery library.

Espoo landmarks
Helsinki landmarks
Espoo photoscenery
Helsinki photoscenery
Vantaa photoscenery
(all Finnish airports)
FISD library
Finnobjects
Finnterrain
Finnclass

Thanks in advance.
Jim
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

Date Registered: 14.02.02

Re: Help with CTDs over Helsinki
« Reply #1 on: 11.11.07, 12:55 »

Remove mmaki.bgl and mmakipussit.bgl from Helsinki\Scenery folder

'Don't panic'
sethis
Former member
« Reply #2 on: 11.11.07, 18:07 »

Thanks a lot my friend.
After disabling these 2 files I had no CTDs even when near the airports of Helsinki.

I have one more question however. I would like to know what is the purpose of the file "mmaki.bgl_" found in the Helsinki\scenery folder. A assume that since the extension is .bgl_ it is of no use but if it is so why is ti included in the package?
I hope that I do not impose on you.

Thanks again.
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #3 on: 12.11.07, 09:50 »

Thanks a lot my friend.
After disabling these 2 files I had no CTDs even when near the airports of Helsinki.

I have one more question however. I would like to know what is the purpose of the file "mmaki.bgl_" found in the Helsinki\scenery folder. A assume that since the extension is .bgl_ it is of no use but if it is so why is ti included in the package?
I hope that I do not impose on you.

Thanks again.

Mmaki includes just a fairly small hill. I guess mmaki.bgl_ is a different version or something like that. It doesn't get recognized by the sim because of the bgl_ extension, you can remove that from the Scenery folder too.

'Don't panic'
Dotti
Former member
« Reply #4 on: 17.11.07, 11:32 »

Hello,

i have also some CTD`s in this area. I tried to follow the advice to deactivate these two bgl files but i can`t find them.
I redownloaded the Vantaa and Malmi scenery with all the updates and also the Helsinki and Vantaa Photoscenery but still no such files.
Can somebody please tell me in which folder i can find these files?
Because i love to fly in this area a lot, specially in the winter time.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

//Roland
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #5 on: 17.11.07, 23:08 »

Can somebody please tell me in which folder i can find these files?

Helsinki City Scenery.

You probably have not installed this scenery at all.  Smiley

What comes to CTD's, it must be something else then.

'Don't panic'
Dotti
Former member
« Reply #6 on: 19.11.07, 06:44 »

Thank you for your answer.
Indeed, i have not installed city scenery, no wonder i could not find the files.  Smiley
Concerning my CTD`s i have to do some more investigation.
When i deactivate Malmi everything is ok so i guess it has something to do with this airport.

//Dotti
Tatu Kantomaa
Patu Cantona

« Reply #7 on: 19.11.07, 08:54 »

You didn't mention it... but do you have FISD library installed? It is required by most of the airport sceneries by FISD.

'Don't panic'
Germanflyer
Former member
« Reply #8 on: 10.11.10, 22:09 »

Hi, sorry  that i lift up this old thread. But now i have the same problem.  Angry
When i reached or load the Malmi Scenery my flightsim has a CTD instantly with information of an visualfix.dll error. I use the FS9 and hav all sceneries of FISD installed.
If  deactivate EFHF ist seems that all is oki. The Verssion which i haved installed is 2.1.
So i cant use the Scenery and thats very pitty. Have anyone may be an solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance 
Arvid
Geoff Cooper

Date Registered: 25.08.04

« Reply #9 on: 17.11.10, 19:07 »

Hi, sorry  that i lift up this old thread. But now i have the same problem.  Angry
When i reached or load the Malmi Scenery my flightsim has a CTD instantly with information of an visualfix.dll error. I use the FS9 and hav all sceneries of FISD installed.
If  deactivate EFHF ist seems that all is oki. The Verssion which i haved installed is 2.1.
So i cant use the Scenery and thats very pitty. Have anyone may be an solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance 
Arvid

I don't know if this is relevant to the CTD you are seeing, but I had to remove the two files 'EFHF_ALS.bgl' and 'EFHF_ALS_lib.bgl' from EFHF in order to not get regular CTD at EFHK - mine were straight to desktop with no error given, so perhaps it is different!

Geoff

My FS9 and FSX run on... i7 2600K @4.8GHz, 1kW PSU, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 16Gb G.skill PC3-17000, XFX Black HD 7970, 2x512Gb OCZ Vertex4 SSD (Win 7 x64 & FS) & 2x1Tb WD Caviar, ASUS Xonar Essence, 2xCrossover 30" LCD in EyeFinity 5120x1600, CH Hardware...and a big smile!
Germanflyer
Former member
« Reply #10 on: 17.11.10, 19:53 »

OKi thanks for help. But it doesnt work any way.
Cry
Pages: [1] Reply Print 
« previous thread next thread »
Jump to: