Hi Guys

(1/2) > >>

Trolly_NZFF:
Hi guys-

I thought it was about time I joined up here, seeing that the first addon I ever installed for flight simulator was from this very site. My name is Andrew, and I'm from England, although I moved to New Zealand a few years ago. I'm an avid flight sim enthusiast and run my own website at www.NZFF.org, a forums simular to this, but focused on my home country.

Anyway, the reason I am posting here is because I recently discovered the FISD Finnish airport scenery and have been downloading their airport's like mad, the freeware quality is unbelievably good!

I enjoy touring and taking screenshots from my flights in FS, big trips I have done in the past include OZ TOUR 2006, The Long White Cloud Tour, VOZ Tour 2 and also two special tours that have been published in Sim Pilot Magazine: Arctic Cargo Run - Explore the Fiords of Alaska and Discover the Central South Island of New Zealand.

What I plan to do next is a big trip around Finland, from the far South to the far North. I already have the freeware mesh, terrain and landclass available from this website, plus the FISD airports mentioned above. The route I plan to go is:

Could anyone give me any further tips, advice or link me to other addons worth installing for the area. I am unsure what aircraft to fly in, but I'm thinking either Milton Shurpe's DHC Dash-7, Carenado's C206 yet I can't seem to find any OH- registration repaints. Could anyone point me in the right direction or suggest a more suitable aircraft, or an aircraft more commonly used in Finland.

Many thanks,
Andrew.

pho201:

Could anyone give me any further tips, advice or link me to other addons worth installing for the area. I am unsure what aircraft to fly in, but I'm thinking either Milton Shurpe's DHC Dash-7, Carenado's C206 yet I can't seem to find any OH- registration repaints. Could anyone point me in the right direction or suggest a more suitable aircraft, or an aircraft more commonly used in

Hi!

Andrew, I suggest that you install also Finnbuildings. That gives houses a look that is more like they are here. Some of the couple alternative finn trees addons are also worth installing. That gives right look for the trees here and there sure is a lot of trees in Finland. It's called our "green gold". And of course almost any addon scenery you find here is is worth installing.

The aircrafts you mention are fine pieces, but you can also look the aircraft file area here. There is some very good modelled aircrafts too. You are welcome to get to know Finland and FSNordic.

Cheers,

Pekka

Trolly_NZFF:
Hi Pekka, thanks for your reply.

I saw the Finnbuildings before- but already use a custom 'VOZ' set of autogen building textures world wide- would this addon conflict with it? Does the Finnbuildings change autogen in every country, or just Finland?

Cheers again.

pho201:
The withcoming Readme.pdf says "...Finnbuildings replaces the European autogen..." that means every European country I think. It replaces only 4 bmp-files so it is quite easy to withdraw by taking backups of the default ones. I don't know anything about conflicting with VOZ because I don't use VOZ. However as I said it is easy to cancel (only 4 files) so you may try it yourself.

Pekka

Trolly_NZFF:
Thanks, have just tried it and it works a treat.

Another question- when is the best time and conditions to go hunting for the Northen Lights in Finland?

Navigation

Up one level

Next page