EFJO Joensuu Installation

(1/1)

Trolly_NZFF:
Unlike the rest of the FISD scenery I have downloaded, I have had a little trouble with their EFJO package. I downloaded the main 30mb zip, followed by the small fix and then FS2004 update, but the different readme's conflict with each other- for example, the fs2004 one advises that the 'EFJO_STUFF' folder is set at a higher priority than the main EFJO folder in the scenery library, which I had to swap around. Is there also an AFCAD anywhere that will allow AI to park in the right spots?

Anyway, I think I have everything working now, although at certain times at night, when looking around in spot view, the sim still crashes. I can't work out how to open the hanger door mentioned in the documentation, nor can I get the runway approach lighting to change from red to yellow/white by entering the specified frequency into my NAV1 radio. There wouldn’t happen to be a photoreal ground coverage texture anywhere would there, because in Autumn, as you can see in the screenshot above, the ground looks quite pixerly.

Also- what are with the seasons in Finland? Being close to the North Pole must effect the sunrise and sunset times compared to other areas that I usually fly in. I noticed stars out at around 10am sometimes in Autumn, is this normal? Do they Northern Lights shine each night or is it only in specific seasons?

Could anyone please help me out?

pho201:

Unlike the rest of the FISD scenery I have downloaded, I have had a little trouble with their EFJO package. I downloaded the main 30mb zip, followed by the small fix and then FS2004 update, but the different readme's conflict with each other- for example, the fs2004 one advises that the 'EFJO_STUFF' folder is set at a higher priority than the main EFJO folder in the scenery library, which I had to swap around. Is there also an AFCAD anywhere that will allow AI to park in the right spots?

Hi Andrew!

I am from Joensuu so EFJO is my home airport. I had same kind of troubles you describe when I installed EFJO for the first time some years ago. There is really a mistake in a readme-file. The main EFJO scenery should be installed firsts (with smaller area number). I first made vice versa (according to the reame.txt) and got some 20-30 feet high "tsunamis" on nearby lakes Höytiäinen and Pyhäselkä and river Pielisjoki.

All finnish AFCAD files published you can find here in the part Miscellaneus files of Scenery files area. There is a collection "Finnish Afcads 2004" and some private files (EFJO AFCAD in both of them). I suggest that you install also Finnclass, Finnterrain, Finnobjects 4.3 and FISD Library (in this order) before (with smaller area number than) any finnish scenery unless you havn't done that already. If you install FISD library, you possibly have to remove some older files that came with finnish sceneries (among others with EFJO too). Read the instructions carefully. If there is double files, those may one reason of crashes you describe below. The newest Finnmesh is also worth installing. All files mentioned are available here in files department.

Anyway, I think I have everything working now, although at certain times at night, when looking around in spot view, the sim still crashes. I can't work out how to open the hanger door mentioned in the documentation, nor can I get the runway approach lighting to change from red to yellow/white by entering the specified frequency into my NAV1 radio. There wouldn’t happen to be a photoreal ground coverage texture anywhere would there, because in Autumn, as you can see in the screenshot above, the ground looks quite pixerly.

If you mean that hangar door on EFJO it needs no frequency or anything else to open. Just go near it with the aircraft and the door is wide open. I don't remember anything of the lights (it's so long time I installed this) and can't now find it in my documentation. However I too have casual (rare) crashes near EFJO and haven't been able to work out these. I don't know any photoreal scenery over Joensuu district.

Also- what are with the seasons in Finland? Being close to the North Pole must effect the sunrise and sunset times compared to other areas that I usually fly in. I noticed stars out at around 10am sometimes in Autumn, is this normal? Do they Northern Lights shine each night or is it only in specific seasons?

This is a d**n dark country in late autumn and specially in winter, but the default season lightning in fs9 isn't quite right. The darkness comes too heavy and too soon even in clear weather. Some third party program might help with that (I don't use any). Stars and moon can really be seen even in day time in winter if the weather is clear enough - usually isn't. And darkness fell upon us...for about half of the year. Usually the Northern Lights shine in cold season and more frequently more north you are but not all nights. Those depends of cosmic radiation you see and it varies. However I don't know how realistic that is modeled in fs9. In Joensuu the lights mentioned are quite rear, but when they appear they can be really fine.

Pekka

Navigation

Up one level