ERJ panel questions

(1/1)

Stinsonk:
First off, let me say that the ERJ panel is the greatest thing I have ever downloaded for flight Sim!  The sheer complexity and detail is amazing compared to the stock panels.  I do, however, have a few questions with some of the features.  To begin with, the TCAS function on the MFD.  I find that this system tends to work at the begining of my flights then seems to quit (or it doesnt work from the start, depends on the day).  Is there a feature or module I have to install to get this functioning all the time, or is that just the nature of the system (FS9).  Next, is there a shortcut button on the panel to acess the map and regular FS GPS, or do these have to be acessed through the control bar?  Lastly, is there a way to change when the panel startes to yell at me for overspeed?  If you look at the real ERJ-135, the max cruise speed is mack .078 or about 450 knots.  The panel starts sounding alarms at, i think, 250...a bit off and a tad annoying (no use for that 14000lbs of thrust if you can't use it all)

Anyway, these are all very minor details thatdont matter that much.  The panel is still the best I have ever used, all that fixing these things would do would make me appreciate it more

Cheers,
Kevin

Bill_Grabowski:
Kevin,

Thanks for those flattering words about the ERJ panel.

The last version of the panel was published as part of Charles Fox's update that included flight models for Dreamfleets ERJ's. In that version there were mouse zones on the radar control panel that allowed access to the map, GPS, and pushback functions.

I have no explanation for the vagaries in the TCAS that you mention. I've not ever heard of this, nor have I seen it.

If you haven't read the manual provided with the first version of the panel, it would be well worth your time to do so. It mentions that there are some peculiarities with the ERJ, one being that below 10,000' the max speed is either 240 or 250 (it's been a while for me) due to ... the windshield. The overspeed warnings you are getting are accurate, so you best obey them.

Glad you are enjoying the panel.

Regards,

Bill

Stinsonk:
Thank you very much for your help, I've found the manuel files with the original version and am reading through them now.  I've found the pushback mouse zone, however the map and GPS still elude me, I'll have to play around a bit more to discover them.  As for the TCAS issue, is the TCAS system on the panel powered through FSUIPC?  If so, for whatever reason, my panel did not unlock the full FSUIPC module.  Things like the battery dying after a while I can live with, but would it be the fact that I'm using an unregistered FSUIPC be the cause of my TCAS system "timing out" (this assumes that the TCAS system uses TrafficLook or some other part of the FSUIPC module to analyze aircraft locations).

Once again, thatnks for the great add-on,
Kevin

Bill_Grabowski:
Kevin,

I doubt that "an unregistered FSUIPC <would> be the cause of my TCAS system "timing out". But ... I don't have an explanation for what you are seeing.

The GPS and the map should be on buttons next to the push back button on the radar panel, if you have the panel in Charles Fox's edition.

Bill

Navigation

Up one level