Best hardware setup for Evektor?

Apologies for posting another "what joystick should I buy" type question, but here goes....

I am starting my flight training in an Evektor Sportstar LSA, and am planning on using the EV Eurostar in MSFS2004 for at-home practice (I assume that the Eurostar and the Sportstar are not all that different). I was wondering if anyone knew the most realistic setup, joystick and rudder-pedal wise, for this airplane? Since I am going for realism and not "ease of use," I do not necessarily need a high-end setup, though I do think that force feedback would be helpful (to simulate control pressures).

Also, while I know there are quadrants out there that work with levers, are there any that have the knobs that you can pull/push in/out, like the throttle of the Evektor? I know it sounds silly, but I am used to having a lever to my right control throttle (I used to fly ultralights) and I keep getting thrown off by having to pull a knob out to increase throttle, and I would like to practice that at home.

Thanks for any tips!

Sorry it took so long to answer this but I just joined and found this thread.  But I, as most do have an opinion.  My 12 y.o. has more time in the sportstar than I have.  The Eurostar IS a Sportstar...and the flight model is absolutely fantastic right down to the FADEC computer.  The instrument setup is slightly different than the one our school flies (there are two versions in the download).

Interestingly, when I have my stick vs. my yoke setup, I usually have the throttle lever on the left.  My 12 y.o. had me switch it around for her practice.  You can by push pull throttle setups but they are expensive and I believe you'll do fine with a good stick.  To this end I would recommend the X-52 or X-52 Pro from Saitek and if you have the budget their pedals are outstanding.   The actuality is this; if you are used to using your right hand for throttle, the lever vs. plunger is a non-issue as it will be second nature when in the actual cockpit.

A couple of setup points:
1) When I am flying the Evektor  with my X-52, I simply place the throttle on the right side.  Mixture and pitch are irrelevant as they are controlled by the FADEC computer. 
2)I set the switches along the base of the stick to emulate the order on the instrument panel.
3)I use POV2 as the trim for elevator and rudder (the real thing has electric trim on the control, huh?).
4) I use FSUIPC to set the curve on the rudder pedals and turn the tension all the way up, this simulates the hydraulic feel to the rudder pedals.
5) I have the null zones set to zero and the sensitivity on all axis set to high.

I wouldn't worry about force feedback...that is an arcade thing.  I have had force feed back sticks and they actually confuse the situation.  In my (very limited) real world experience I do not recall anything close to the force feedback sensations that the sticks offer.  Now if they can figure out out to thump the seat on touchdown or sink you in to the chair as you pull a high performance turn or nose up...then we'll have something.

You can spend a bunch of money or you can get a complete and versatile setup for around $250 USD.  One of the best things I have added though is the TrackIR with Track Clip Pro.  With the advent of excellent VC's like the one in the is truly immersive and translates well when your flying the real thing.  For instance, when in the pattern and turning onto final, you look left and find the end of the runway.  You keep that view centered and fly the plane around until the instrument panel comes onto centerline. 

One final word, FS9 and FSX are great for procedural familiarization and cockpit familiarization but you do not have peripheral vision or sensation.  My 12 y.o. took off by herself (the instructor knew we had been practicing) the first time in a plane.  She also said, as many have, that the real thing was easier than FS.  Get good in FS and you'll star in real world lessons.  Godspeed my friend.

Up one level