Making Flightsim Movies

(1/1)

Jive1:
Hey!
I'm looking for a system/a way how to make fluent sightseeing movie shots on an airport, in order to make flight sim movies. When making flightsim movies usually one sees only the aircraft on several spots and/or flying around, and maybe one can also see in the background some parts of the airport. However, it is nice to have also some general sights overlooking the whole airport, or part of it, and I want to add that kind of shots to a movie that I plan to make with the Fraps program.
Does anybody know how one can make that kind of shots, traveling through the airport and showing the general outlook or part of same?
Please let me know?
GReetz
Jive1

geoffco:

Hey!
I'm looking for a system/a way how to make fluent sightseeing movie shots on an airport, in order to make flight sim movies. When making flightsim movies usually one sees only the aircraft on several spots and/or flying around, and maybe one can also see in the background some parts of the airport. However, it is nice to have also some general sights overlooking the whole airport, or part of it, and I want to add that kind of shots to a movie that I plan to make with the Fraps program.
Does anybody know how one can make that kind of shots, traveling through the airport and showing the general outlook or part of same?
Please let me know?
GReetz
Jive1

How about using an aircraft model with NO virtual cockpit (or set up your own - use an AI plane with all the lights and effects removed from the aircraft.cfg) and then using FRAPS in the vc view to record a movie while you move around the airport using SLEW mode with the joystick/yoke and pan around with the view...

Geoff

Jive1:
Of course! Geoff!
It easy to do so, why did I not think about that!
Reason?... Because I never fly in aan AI aircraft, so simple is that....
Thank you anyway!
Greetz
Jive1

geoffco:

Of course! Geoff!
It easy to do so, why did I not think about that!
Reason?... Because I never fly in aan AI aircraft, so simple is that....
Thank you anyway!
Greetz
Jive1

The way I've actually done it before is using a "viewer" plane (effectively one without a visual model) which came with the Just Flight Traffic2004 package but since that's practically a fossil by now I thought I'd suggest an AI model with no lights because it should effectively be the same...  I've actually never flown an AI model either

Geoff

Navigation

Up one level